• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Sidewinder LE with power steering....

Going back to the previous generation SRX (98-02), there was nothing special in regards to weight savings that I'm aware of. I'd bet the SXR 700 redhead was lighter.

Going back to the previous generation SRX (98-02), there was nothing special in regards to weight savings that I'm aware of. I'd bet the SXR 700 redhead was lighter.
Maybe the 700 red head was lighter because it had a single pipe ? not sure as those aftermarket triple pipes were pretty light using thinner metal .
I put the Aaen triples on the red head (those aftermarket triple pipes were pretty light using thinner metal than stock ,I believe) ,with a long travel suspension kit , and that sled woke up big time and got way better mileage as a bonus .

Probably can’t get shocks, that was one of the main delivery issues in 22.
This is very true. I ordered the suspension parts to build a prerunner truck just before Christmas. I had decided to go with Fox shocks instead of King because at that time Fox was supposedly 12 weeks out and King were 30+. Some of the Fox shocks should have been delivered to the dealer that I was buying from in mid-February. That didn't happen. I guess their Fox rep can't even tell them when they might receive some of the orders. There's a couple of orders that the customer has been waiting for almost a year now. This is the same Fox shocks company that builds them for our sleds. I changed my order to King shocks. I got the last set of coilovers that they had in stock, ended up finding a set of near new take-off rear triple-bypass shocks, and I'll have to wait until August for the front triple-bypass shocks. They said that King has long lead times but usually meets their target date. At least we'll be able to build the truck.

Maybe the 700 red head was lighter because it had a single pipe ? not sure as those aftermarket triple pipes were pretty light using thinner metal .
I put the Aaen triples on the red head (those aftermarket triple pipes were pretty light using thinner metal than stock ,I believe) ,with a long travel suspension kit , and that sled woke up big time and got way better mileage as a bonus .

Yes, the redhead's single certainly weighed less than the triple SRX pipes. Don't forget about the silencer. The SRX silencer was HEAVY lol. Add in the exhaust valve system, and I'd say it's a safe bet the SRX was heavier. Even with the extra weight, the SRX was a lot faster than the SXR.

Back