• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What skis to get

phazerdrew

Extreme
Im torn on what skis to get, Ive read alot about the sly dogs everyone seems to be pretty happy with them but I also see hygear has done some testing with the simmons flexi ski. Ive seen both in person and think the simmons would be a better ski but I'd like to get some input before I drop 400 bucks on skis

i've tried both. theyre both good but i prefer the sly dogs. the sly dogs are more agressive to me and seem to take a better beeting. and with stud-boy deuce bars theyre amazing. the simmons were ok but not as good as the slydogs

We run the new C&A Trail X skis for USCC xcountry racing and trail riding.

They are the best skis we have ever tried on our Yamaha's

Stock push bad, Slydog was better but darted some and took more to turn

The Trail X ski works really well and does not require anymore steering effort, you point where you want to go then go. Also, pricing is very good at under $300

SkyHiFX114 said:
i also LOVE my CnA's on my phazer. i run 10in of carbide with no studs, rearend dances to much for most who have ridden it.
You wont have that problem anymore!

I have slydogs, and I'm happy. They might turn too hard for some I guess, but this sled has not wore me out yet. I'm satisfied enough to not desire trying anything else.

I'd suggest the Simmons ski's , pricey but worth every penny. I unfortunately have a hard time trying anything else knowing how well they worked

I am trying Pilots this year.Will be comparing them to stock shimmed skis which had 6" studboy carbides and were spaced all the way out.I was happy but always looking for improvements.Cant recommend them till I try them.

We are sporting the Trail X skis again this year on our Phazer & Nytro race sleds.

Our Nytro rider will also be doing some promo ads for C&A so it will be fun.

I'll post some pics when sled is done as Jordan @ Arctic FX is doing our graphics this year and we are excited to see what he comes up with!

Where are the new skis that yamaha made? also whats involved in putting the pilots on our sleds that looks like a good option for me. Seen them cheap on ebay

also what size would ya run 5.7s or 6.9s

New Yamaha skis look alot like the Curve skiis.Is a post somewhere on TY all about the new skiis.Cant seem to find it.
I am trying the 5.7's but I think if given choice I would run 6.9's just for the fact they will give extra width to your stance which should lessen tippiness.I cut what I believe are the stock Doo rubbers but will probably be ordering a set from slydog.Other than that its pretty much bolt on other than switching the washers around.I will make a post when I put them on.

Back