• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what to do when dealer closes, how far would you drive?

How far would you drive to a Yamaha dealer

• 30min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60min

• 90min

• 120min

• +120min

• Total voters

mewaschuk

Expert
My most local dealer is closing, with no chance to get some warranty work done before they close. Next closest dealer is 1hr 50min away. Not cool.

How far would you drive for Yamaha service/parts if you had a closer dealer for another brand?

If it was warranty work I would get it done at the yamaha dealership 2hrs away. It will be free, and the cost of gas will probably be less then 1 or 2 hrs hr of labor at the other brand's shop depending on cost.

Also depends on what work needs to be done.

I live 1 hour away from my dealer. I have 5 other dealers that are 1 our or less from me. The reason I pass the other ones is because of their service and how I am treated every time I walk in the door.
That means everything to me and I would gladly drive further if I had to. That being said if the closest dealer to you is 1 and a half or 2 hours away and they do not treat you well and have terrible service, I can see how that would be a problem. I hope the next closest dealer to you has a good reputation when it comes to the things you expect from a dealer. ;)!

Would have been a big concern when I was with Cats and Doos. Yamaha is so reliable, I find myself driving to the dealers to look for accessories or pick up an oil filter, belt, apparel..... Driving farther is acceptable when the riding conditions stink!
;)!

My dealer is about 2 1/2 hours away but on the way to where I ride in VT. I would not hesitate to drive there if I needed to. A good dealer is invaluable to me. There are plenty of dealers closer but I tend to stay with a dealer until they give me reason to seek someone else out.

I like to support my local dealer where I live and ride. If I need parts or service on my sled they are always there to take care of me. The UP is my backyard. :Rockon:

no choice for having to fly your sled to dealer...

I live in bush alaska, any warrantee/recall work that I need to have done I have to ship my nytro to anchorage just for the dealer to look at it... havent had to yet tho... knock on wood...

I live in Northwestern Ontario close to the USA border so I do most of my shopping for parts on-line through site sponsors I have found here... they are mostly american and have much better parts prices than Canadian dealers. I have used nearby dealers for waranty work though and I would travel a long way to have this type of work done.

That does suck but there is no way around the drive if you need warranty work in your case. I like to give as much business to the dealer in my hometown as possible but I do all my own service work myself. Don't think I could not do my own work, unless it would be warrantied. ;)!

Back