• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what to do when dealer closes, how far would you drive?

How far would you drive to a Yamaha dealer

• 30min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60min

• 90min

• 120min

• +120min

• Total voters

wis apex se said:
I live 1 hour away from my dealer. I have 5 other dealers that are 1 our or less from me. The reason I pass the other ones is because of their service and how I am treated every time I walk in the door.
That means everything to me and I would gladly drive further if I had to.

Same goes for me.

When I was looking at a doo I was going to buy it from the store 5 hours from my house, I ended up with a used one then. My Nytro I was lucky to get it 40 min from the house. The biggest thing that turns me off of a dealer is when the parts people act like a customer is botherin their day when you are there and sales says "that's not what you want this is". I actualy had a sales guy tell me that I didn't want a Yamaha that they were heavy and the motor and chassis wouldnt last an I need to get the Rush 600 that Polaris was a more reliable sled. And they sold both! Guess there was a big spiff on the poo, or he was a fool!

I bought my last sled 5 hours away from me, at Port Yamaha, and I have a local dealer within 10 minutes? IMO, for the few hopeful times you NEED warranty work I wouldn't worry too much about the drive. For everything else, there's TY.. :)

Back