• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what track?

mcamzr said:
I've got a question on this. Not to hijack but I've been reading this thread and others wondering about tracks and though I am new to Yamaha and the Nytro and have not logged many miles as of yet why does everybody hate the ripsaw? I put a 1.25 ripsaw (no studs) on my old 2001 ZR and it was the best thing I could have done. The hook up was unreal all around. And my last sled 2004 RevX 800mod had the same track with 96 down the middle and it was sweet. Is it just the nytro, is the ripsaw that old of a design, or are other tracks like the cobra just that much better? I will say I too ride 90% trail.

The ripsaw only shines on hard packed trail or low snow conditions, in all other areas it sucks, I have run a snopro on my F7 and a backcountry and now a Cobra on my Nytro and all three are light years ahead of the ripsaw. Ride something with a good track and you will know why the riptrench sucks!

mcamzr said:
Would you think cobra 1.5 or stick with a 1.25. No studs?

You looking for a track for a 121" nytro? Buy the Arctic cat Sno Pro 1.375" track. In my opinion that is the best track you can buy for trail riding, and its a pretty good track for loose snow too.

You can find them on ebay

sleddingfarmer said:
mcamzr said:
Would you think cobra 1.5 or stick with a 1.25. No studs?

You looking for a track for a 121" nytro? Buy the Arctic cat Sno Pro 1.375" track. In my opinion that is the best track you can buy for trail riding, and its a pretty good track for loose snow too.

You can find them on ebay

Will I have to change Drivers or can I just through it on?

Its not that i dont like the ripsaw i riped a stud right onthe side of the trak. And since im have to replace i want to try somthing different.

I have an sno pro on my nytro. I have only logged 30 miles on it, but it seems to hook up much better than the ripsaw. I do not believe it comes in a 144 however so it really does not apply to this post.
As for changing a track. I would say a good 3-4 steady hours is about right. I changed the drivers on mine and that added another 45 minutes to change them out.

fxnytroxtx said:
Its not that i dont like the ripsaw i riped a stud right onthe side of the trak. And since im have to replace i want to try somthing different.

Sorry, I didnt meen you didnt like it, in fact i dont have a issue with it either. it just seemed like a lot of other people on other topics hate it and I wanted to know the reason for it. For me now I think I will get the Cobra and put the ripsay on my wifes sled if it will fit.

Back