• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What will fit a 16" track?

yamahaboy701

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
My summer/fall project is to buy a Nytro or Apex, put a expert X 144 under it and run a challenger 16x144. Already have the expert from my viper and just got 144 rails. Now I am debating Nytro or Apex, an MTX model would either way would help me out on the built but my question is what sled will fit a 16" wide track with no mods or little mods. This will not throw me one way or the other on the two sleds but give me an idea of what I am getting myslef into on either.

Apex MTX - yes
Nytro MTX - ?
Nytro RTX - ?
Nytro XTX - ?
Apex RTX/LTX/GT - ?

I have a 16" 144" 2" on my Nytro XTX, it works well. You have to modify the rear drop brackets, cut out 3 weld nuts on each side where the track rides around the drivers. Then I installed stainless steel carrige bolts facing out. I flattened down the "crown" of the carrige bolt slightly to allow more clearance also. A ground down the long rivits that stick out in the tunnel as well.
It's not to bad of a job to do, if you have a good cut-off wheel and some shop tools.

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 377
Glad to hear somebody has thought of this. Nice sled!

What size drivers are you using? What pitch? Is that the same track as an OEM ski-doo 144, looks like a 9899?

Turbo is in future on whatever four stroke I get. Don't worry rides will be available for $20 a trail mile or $20 a minute off trail (don't want to overcharge with all that track spin).

yamahaboy701 said:
Glad to hear somebody has thought of this. Nice sled!

What size drivers are you using? What pitch? Is that the same track as an OEM ski-doo 144, looks like a 9899?

9 tooth drivers 2.52 pitch. Yes I believe it is the 9899, (last fall when I put it on, and my memory isn't what it used to be LOL) same as a Powder Max Doo.

Bringing back a old thread. How did the 16" track do in the long run. Was it worth the change? Looking at doing this for the xtx

Back