• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whats a good vent kit?

why do you want a vent kit. I don't recommend them. I have them on my sleds and had nothing but problems with snow getting in the clutch side and cause belt slipping.

XXXmodrods for sure!! VERY durable, great customer service, and they cover all the panels imo. THe clutch side is lined with prefiter and I have never had an issues with wet belts.

I installed a Moflow kit a few weeks ago. Rode pow this weekend and didn't notice any belt slippage. The clutch side vents are covered with prefilter as well. Great customer service and fast shipping.

I took a RMK vent and tweaked it, and installed in shock tower...it NEVER leaked...used enough rivets to ensure it wouldnt...

dont have any pics....

rooney1587 said:
i have the mcx 240 kit. i just want the sled to breath.[/quote

rooney, call Dustin James at Outlaw Motor Sports (888) 603-1273. Youtube video of Dustin and Cody James. They have a Yamaha store in Enterprise, OR. Dustin know what he's talking about. His sled has 400+ HP and he doesn't recommend vent kit. Watch him on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHMGTCDD2g4 If you don't need one for a 400 HP sled you don't need one for a 240 sled. My recommendation is to save your money. I bought them and have them on my sled but I wish I didn't. I got the MO-FLOW kit off ebay and the prefilter fabric is on the clutch side. My sled has a 240 supercharge kit and I went through belts untill I covered the vents. In deep powder powder snow can get through when sidehilling and boondocking. If you sled is not overheating don't purchase them. Correct me if I'm wrong the MCX turbo kit is rear mounted. Rear mounted turbo kits don't build up heat like the front turbo's or superchargers. MCX make one of the best turbo kits. I wish I purchase the 270 MCX turbo kit. I was going to install one this summer in my other Nytro but I don't have the founds anymore because I'm going to replace my raptor 700 that someone stole for me last week. They broke into my toy hauler to get it. Anyways that is my .02 about vent kits. Try give Dustin a call.

I have a full modrod kit on my sled and one thing to note is that the frames are plastic compared to some that are aluminum. So be aware of that when comparing price.

The vents seem to work well however I have an OFT post relocater so the rubber is cut away around my post and that location is like a smoke stack when I stop. So knowing that now, the first vent I would add is the Roest IP vent, that is where the heat wants to escape from!

I started with just the Roest vent and it was amazing how much heat would escape from it. It worked great, looks great and fits good!
This last year I put on xxx vent kit and it cools even better. Less steam coming from the Roest vent now, so I believe I have excellent cooling while riding and stopped. I mainly added the xxx for looks to start with but have been happy with all of them.

One complaint is my nose vent doesn't have a prefilter and in deep snow it does come in to the nose. No belt slippage as of yet.

Back