• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats new on 2009 Nytro MTX

Scooter700

Extreme
Just got back from Expo in W. Yellowstone and thought I would share what changes were made on the Nytro MTX for 2009.
1. New springs on the front shocks
2. New clicker shock in rear skid
3. Beefing up the subframe (was not on the sled at show but was told it will be on the production sled)
4. New stickers!
No other changes or upgrade to the front suspension (the XTX, RTX and the rest of the Nytro line up get the new front end geometry changes).
Same track and ski's as the 2008 model.
Wanted to take the big sled in the pic below for a test ride but no one could find the keys. :tg:

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 77

Do you know what the front shock spring change is? Stiffer, softer, different compression rate?????

UPDATE!!

Okay just got off the phone with the Yamaha engineer and this is what he told me is different on the 09 MTX front suspension.
Revalved shocks (same shock as 08 with slightly different valving) with different rate springs. The current spring is a dual rate spring and the problem is it collapses to the second rate ok but doesn't have enough spring to push it back up. For 09 they are going to a single rate spring (it is a 32 neuton millimeter spring). He said to convert that to a US rate spring and measure the old spring for OD, length and wire thickness that should get you almost dead nuts on to what we will see on the 09. I am sure someone on here has the knowledge in this department. He said it shouldn't be a problem finding a vendor to get this spring. Yamaha won't have this shock and spring setup available till fall. No change to front suspension geometry like the rest of the Nytro line up is getting. ;)!

Back