• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the verdict on the short snow flap

WiVector

Extreme
I know some of you guys were putting short snow flaps on your 121's with no rear heat exchanger. Have you guys had any problems with them over heating cause of this. I'm sick of running mine over in reverse.
Thanks,
:4STroke: :4STroke: :Rockon:

I too ripped up multiple long flaps and then put the short one on.
No problems except people following too close don't like the ice chunks getting thrown at them as I run chisels.
They shouldn't follow that close anyway :moon:
OTIS RX-1

I got a short one. It looks better and makes no difference in snow dust. However you can definitely ROOST people alot better :Rockon: :tg:

welterracer said:
Ive got a short flap on my warrior... WORKS GREAT!! No more ran over flaps for me!

Same here except I have an RX-1 not a warrior.... No problem with overheating issues either.... ;)!

RedRX1 said:
Is this an actual part or are you cutting them down?
Yamaha makes a shorter one (looks much better then cutting down the stocker). You can even get different colors.

I have to ask......All you guys backing over them, do you have the skid set-up for your weight? I use my reverse all the time just because Its there, and its not even close to hitting the snow or going into the track. ===SRXSRULE===

do you find that the short flap better in the deep snow? i have a warrior and i find that a lot of snow gets caught up between the tunnel and the track. i thinks its because the flap is keepin it there. so i guess that haven a shorter flap would make your machine better for the snow.

I found that eliminating the metal flap and attaching the flap to the frame ( without drilling thru the cooling hose ) works good. You get the flap around 3" higher and don't have to worry about the metal piece always bending.

Guys get a strap from a Cat dealer it works great! Holds flap up! It was a Cat recall in 03!! It runs about $3.00!

Skydog

Back