• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your favorite stretch of trail?

Bigblue1 said:
318 from Le Cabanon to St. Michel des Saints, QC, just after the groomer hits later in the day. ;)!
X2 whole area is awsome

A section of local trail often referred to as the "Middle Trail". It is a perfect blend of straight railbed, orchards, open fields, woods, and a loop through a state park that brings you right to the shore of Lake Ontario. Plus it gets very little traffic.

A loop from Barnes Cos. to Montague and back to BC using a trail through the woods on the way includes a nice combo of trails too that is typically in good condition. Plus, Mile Strip Road has several slight hills that you can get some nice air on!

kinger said:
cant remember the trail number but on the way to Gay, MI there is a series of a dozen or so big whoops where you catch air all the way down the back side gently land and go up the other one fly down, etc. ITs funny in a big group because when you get in the air you can see other coming down or going up and its like a magical snow dance LOL

I cant stop giggling on that trail its just a blast, only lasts about 2 mins though.

I believe that is 32-33 to Gwinn just before you get to 8. We have run Watersmeet to Munising several times and that is definately a fun section! Well until you land at the bottom..been there done that. :Rockon:

Remember the good old days when it snowed around this time of year? What fun we all used to have.

Are any of the trails mentioned in this thread rideable. Starting to shake with withdrawal pains.

mr.pitstop said:
11 straight miles from Charlies Inn in Lake Clear heading north twords Mountain View. Its an old rail road bed that is straight and flat. Usually groomed to a T. I have actually gotten board at WFO and let off the throttle just for something to do.. Its that straight and long. A turbo apexs dream come true.. Called the tunnel because as you look down it, its longer than you can see and it looks like a huge tunnel... OMG, I can't wait for snow...
This is one of my favorites too. We called it threading the needle since there isn't really room for 2 sleds at speed between the poles. When the snow is deep you can ride sections of it like a snowboard half pipe.

355 N - The Pipeline

73 to 355N La Tuque to Lac Bouchette

12 miles of sweeping turn highway, then 100 miles of rollercoaster fun. Watch out for moose. Saw a moose 300 meters up the trail from this photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 119
Yamaha 40th said:
I can't remember the number but it's the trail that heads SW out of Lake In The Clouds word Mercer

That's Trail 117. Runs the South Boundary Rd in the Porcupine Mountain State Park. About 25 miles running at 90 MPH the whole way. Wide trail Awesome and always table top flat.

stevewithOCD said:
Northeast Carry trail in Maine at dusk. Pittson farms to Kakadjo...

Anything out there is great. From Rockwood north to Kokadjo, over to NE Carry, down to P Farms and down to J-town.

Saboomac to the Farm is FAST!

I think one of the better ones I have done and one of the most favorite state trails is the Soumi. North of Grand Rapids MN it is super tight and up and down, but it is only groomed once a week at the most and since it is only one grummer wide it gets rough pretty quick.

Back