• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to wire/tap in a heated shield plug on a 06 Rage /

I taped into the fuse box located on right side near chain case. What i did was bend a wire end connected to a 3 or 5 amp fuse(can't remember). Fuse rests on top and behind box. Jam wire end in along side the red wire that goes in the bottom of the fuse box. This red wire come from the battery and is fused with 30 amp fuse. The bent wire end fit nicely and has not given any trouble since fall of 05. Then just connect shield wiring to other side of fuse. Experment a bit bending the wire end and you will come up with a good reliable fit.

I did that too, but have found that the 3 amp fuse is sometimes insufficent. Especially when you get some snow on the plug at the end of your cable and you don't notice it and then plug it in after the sled is running you will blow that fuse. After I did this twice (even with a 5 amp fuse), I am careful to plug in my helmet before starting the sled as there is no current at the fuse until the engine is running.

Not sure why a search didn't bring anything up. Off to the left of the steering, behind the shroud is an empty plug in a wire. This is for the accessory plug if your sled was equipped. It is already fused through the fusebox and it is for this type of use. Simply cut the plug off and connect the wire to your shield heater plug, drill a hole through the shroud and install your plug.

Attachments

• acc plug.jpg
    acc plug.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 172
twomorestrokes said:
Not sure why a search didn't bring anything up. Off to the left of the steering, behind the shroud is an empty plug in a wire. This is for the accessory plug if your sled was equipped. It is already fused through the fusebox and it is for this type of use. Simply cut the plug off and connect the wire to your shield heater plug, drill a hole through the shroud and install your plug.

I run my shield and temp gage off of that lead but have put a 5 amp fuse in as I was occasionally blowing the stock 3 amp fuses.

I work at an auto repair shop. I matched up some pins, from old wiring, that mated up to the connector, crimped them into the shield wiring, and plugged it in. Mounted socket to left of handlebar, where accessory socket would be.

i got min hooked right up to the booster posi and neg that comes directly off your battery cause thats the way it was when i bought the sled so left it that way one good thing about it as long as the helmets pluged in its on

Back