• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which Viper to buy?

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I have the chance to buy either a 2014 Viper RTX-SE with less than 500 miles from a dealer for $6,400 or a 2016 Viper RTX SE with 241 miles on it for $7,999 both with with all Yamaha warranty. I was told that the '14 has a programming issue that a flash of the ECU will take care of and the '16 has connecting rod issues. Which one is the best value? Are there any measureable differences between the two? Do Viper's have an inherent issues? If I get the '14 it will be dropped off at EVO to have it reflashed with their update.
I have to make my decision by tomorrow afternoon so the sooner you guys can weigh-in the better.

I have the chance to buy either a 2014 Viper RTX-SE with less than 500 miles from a dealer for $6,400 or a 2016 Viper RTX SE with 241 miles on it for $7,999 both with with all Yamaha warranty. I was told that the '14 has a programming issue that a flash of the ECU will take care of and the '16 has connecting rod issues. Which one is the best value? Are there any measureable differences between the two? Do Viper's have an inherent issues? If I get the '14 it will be dropped off at EVO to have it reflashed with their update.
I have to make my decision by tomorrow afternoon so the sooner you guys can weigh-in the better.

16 has connecting rod issues thats only if you have a turbo ,I brought a 16 ltx dx and love it I would buy the newer one.

The 14 will have Floats too. If I'm not mistaken, the 16 will have QS3 coil overs at least on the front.

One the LE has the QS3. I could be mistaken but that is what i have one mine and its a 2016 LTX LE

First identify the motor in 16 if it's the old motor which had good rods get the 16. If not do the 14 assuming it was a leftover and only ridden this year?

Back