• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who’s considering a new Polaris 4-stroke sled for ‘23?

Nobody cares about that. What matters is how much per month.......;)
Very true, trade in value plus payment plan works for alot of riders, keeps them riding the new iron, comes down to what you can part with for a monthly payment and if you owe anything on your trade in, if you live in a area that you can count on lots of snow every year this is a great option for alot of riders.

Nobody cares about that. What matters is how much per month.......;)
I see that all the time lol.....Just checked an 850 turbo Vh 1,taller windshiels all red with canvas cover ,only $29800 taxes in....Not sure about setup and freight

Very true, trade in value plus payment plan works for alot of riders, keeps them riding the new iron, comes down to what you can part with for a monthly payment and if you owe anything on your trade in, if you live in a area that you can count on lots of snow every year this is a great option for alot of riders.
The financing department is very profitable for these companies.

What i don't get is when you build a sled the price goes up when you select a track.

I don’t think a boost will be available after today
Most dealers sold out of them last night
Most got around half of last years numbers on their allocation

I got a quote for an XCR 850 today. My dealer quoted me the same exact sled last season.

It is almost $2,500 more than last season.

Last season there was a healthy discount from the dealer. This season there is none.

The 900R I quoted was the same. About a 15% increase.

We will see how much Cat and Yamaha go up.

Holy cow $23,000 Us ? That's like $50,000 Can, I was likeing the sounds of it but not so much anymore. Plus the dude from snowtrax was saying the turbo kicks in at around 80mph, no thanks too late for me, maybe on a long stretch it's fine but not for me corner to corner.

Holy cow $23,000 Us ? That's like $50,000 Can, I was likeing the sounds of it but not so much anymore. Plus the dude from snowtrax was saying the turbo kicks in at around 80mph, no thanks too late for me, maybe on a long stretch it's fine but not for me corner to corner.
You’d likely be better off waiting until next year when they undoubtedly offer the 900 in an XCR. The turbo 850 sounds like it is quite laggy to make it survive at low elevations.

I’m excited about their 4 stroke program but I don’t understand why the S4 models are so fricking heavy? Dry weight they are heavier than 15 year old Yamaha 4-strokes. That just doesn’t make any sense? It’s not like the Deltabox or Nytro chassis were built particularly light.

Why in the world would I give up my $10K sled with the best 4 stroke snowmobile engine on the planet for A $20K sled with and engine that is best known for having a short life?

I bought my first 4 Wheeler last fall. To plow my driveway. Could not get new because of part shortages. Missing gauge. Sensor etc. So I bought a used Polaris 850 Sportsman. Felt like I finally got a V Twin (Harley) Lol! Great when it runs. But there is some relay that keeps freezing on it. And then will not start until I push it in the garage. And thaw it out. Why would anybody want to buy a vibrating four stroke? For the price I just paid for 2 Yamaha 3 cylinder Waverunners on a Trailer? Granted they are the smaller ones. I am very happy with the Polaris 850 Four Wheeler. But reliability and fit and finish. I would not want to go out in the middle of Winter. With it. I know nothing is perfect. Including Yamahas.

I bought my first 4 Wheeler last fall. To plow my driveway. Could not get new because of part shortages. Missing gauge. Sensor etc. So I bought a used Polaris 850 Sportsman. Felt like I finally got a V Twin (Harley) Lol! Great when it runs. But there is some relay that keeps freezing on it. And then will not start until I push it in the garage. And thaw it out. Why would anybody want to buy a vibrating four stroke? For the price I just paid for 2 Yamaha 3 cylinder Waverunners on a Trailer? Granted they are the smaller ones. I am very happy with the Polaris 850 Four Wheeler. But reliability and fit and finish. I would not want to go out in the middle of Winter. With it. I know nothing is perfect. Including Yamahas.
depending on the year, they came up with an upgrade starter relay kit that makes a big difference but still wont start at -25 if it sits for a while. I also put an Odyssey battery with 330 CCA to help turn the starter. I have two 12's with 10000km each on them. I agree with the fit and finish not being stellar but I have worked around it.

depending on the year, they came up with an upgrade starter relay kit that makes a big difference but still wont start at -25 if it sits for a while. I also put an Odyssey battery with 330 CCA to help turn the starter. I have two 12's with 10000km each on them. I agree with the fit and finish not being stellar but I have worked around it.
Thank you for your feedback! Was at a customers shop today. Fixing a Wheel Balancer. They happened to be a Polaris Dealer. I asked one of their Power Sports Technicians. About it he had no answer. Except wait for Spring. And it might dry out. This is the first 4 Wheeler I have owned. And when it is working. It has done a tremendous job of plowing. And moving heavy objects like my Pontoon around.

Gee great, thanks for moving my thread to this dead sub forum. And you wonder why this site is dying. I don’t know why I even bother posting anything, much less visiting.

Im just not sure about Polaris anything. I like the features, looks, etc, but around these parts, maybe different somewhere else, polaris side x side, 4 wheeler owners, but few poo sled riders, many seem to complain about bearings failing at 1000 miles or so, and just cheaply built components. Almost bought one but got used Yamaha Kodiak instead. They hold thier value, Ill say that much!

Im just not sure about Polaris anything. I like the features, looks, etc, but around these parts, maybe different somewhere else, polaris side x side, 4 wheeler owners, but few poo sled riders, many seem to complain about bearings failing at 1000 miles or so, and just cheaply built components. Almost bought one but got used Yamaha Kodiak instead. They hold thier value, Ill say that much!
I think and have always thought their quads were overweight pieces of garbage. You Kodiak is a much better machine.

Back