• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who here wears a Snocross helmet and goggles?

I do. It's so much nicer on bright sunny days when you're riding into the sun. The visor helps cut down on the glare from spray-up on your lens. And, your goggles seem to never fog up. So no more riding with the face shield half cracked trying to regulate it.....
I sport a HJC "natedogg3" with some Spy Optics Goggles. Just make sure and get the cold weather insert that covers your mouth and nose.

i also have a thor dirt bike helmet with the breath deflector and i really like em till it gets below zero, than i wear a electric shield full face helmet

I love my open face HJC black and white with white okaly goggles. never wear my full face any more the motocross style helmets a very light and comfortable.

I love my open face HJC black and white with white okaly goggles. never wear my full face any more the motocross style helmets a very light and comfortable.

tonymanto said:
I do. It's so much nicer on bright sunny days when you're riding into the sun. The visor helps cut down on the glare from spray-up on your lens. And, your goggles seem to never fog up. So no more riding with the face shield half cracked trying to regulate it.....
I sport a HJC "natedogg3" with some Spy Optics Goggles. Just make sure and get the cold weather insert that covers your mouth and nose.

is the cold weather insert ordered extra as part of the helmet?

I have a Thor Force with Scott Voltage R Thermal goggles.
I like the MX style, but I wont wear it when the temps are below 10 F. On those days I break out the modular with a heated shield.
Ive gotten frostbite on my face twice in the past 2 years while wearing a MX helmet, so I the cold days I break out the modular.

NB-Nytro - Yes, it's only like 8 bucks. Most stores stock them. They do make brand/model specific deflectors though, so double check when purchasing.

Hope it helps,

T

I use to wear an hjc fullface, then I went to an hjc open face and will never go back. This season I gave the wife my hjc and bought a z1r open face intake flame. I will let everyone know how the helmet is this season. Oh my goggles are scott the snow cross model. Very impressed with these goggles I bought a second pair.

I'm in the market for a new sno-x style helmet as well. My old one is both cracked AND will not match the new ride. :)
I am looking at the new klim F4. But its not cheap!!

Here is the out going set up. I would recomment quick straps and put the velcro on the left side so you can use the trottle AND adjust your goggles if needed without reaching across you body

SSA50039.jpg

SSA50037.jpg

Helmets & gogles

I use a HJC SN4 snow cross type helmet with Scott Thermal X OTG goggles. Love them but not on the really cold days. I switch to an HJC Symax modular with heated shield on those days. My son uses the same helmet/goggles all the time but has a ninja balaclava with small eye port, says it works great. You have to consider he is young and I am old.

LOL

Back