• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is running MBRP, or a Barker

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
I have a Hauck Husher, and I am looking at the MBRP setup. I have heard the Excell and Hindle. I was wondering how loud the Barker or the MBRP are as far as Legal DB sound. The Hauck was a bit winey, but it was within legal range. ANy opinion on the MBRP header also. They look just like the Hauck, and Excell types. Just wondering about sound and durability. I would use OFT copper doughnuts with my header. Thanks guys

Barker

Hey Bill,
I just switched from a Barker with Excell header to full Excell system.
Loved the sound of the Barker but after a while it became a little noisy for my liking.
And yes i did have the noise suppressor installed.

Other issues I dealt with were I had to continuely replace the billet tip on the end of the pipe because it kept coming loose and falling off as well as repacking the pipe twice in less than 2000 miles.

It progressively becomes very loud as the packing material inside the can disappears over time from use.

I have not ridden my sled yet with the Excell system in place, but just running it in the garage it sounds quieter and more like a motorcycle exhaust then the Barker which was deeper and had more of a "throaty" exhaust sound to it.

Finely, in fairness to the guys at Barker, they did provide great customer service and always took care me.

Hope this helps.

Kope

Thank you just what I was looking for. Anyone know about the mbrp?

i have a barker on mine , love the sound myself , i don't ride trails much , up in the mountains for me and no one complains up high , i'm very happy with it , it's as good as they say , not sure on the 12 hp gain but without a doubt you can feel some more extra power ,

i'll hide sometimes and wait for my buds to pass and then i'll sneak up and fly past them and crack the throttle a couple times, scares the #*$&@ out of them , it barks for sure , i like mine and have no regrets about the install of it ,

I've heard the MBRP muffler on a nytro, and it is noticeably louder than my full excell exhaust. I haven't heard a Barker exhaust. I was on a lake with my nytro, and the DNR never questioned the exhaust.

MBRP all the way! Header and can for under $700. Cdn and how sweet the sound!!

I run the MBRP and love the sound! Low end and through the towns not loud at all to attract DNR attention, but when you get on it, sounds awesome and rips! My son has the Bender and it is loud all the time, but he loves it.

Mbrp quite in towns rips on the trail 2 years on mine no problems sounds sweet

I have the Schmidt bros dual exhaust setup! Awesome sound, looks incredible and works well with their intake. Found mine used in the classifieds... LOVE IT!! :Rockon:

sheetwright said:
I have a Hauck Husher, and I am looking at the MBRP setup. I have heard the Excell and Hindle. I was wondering how loud the Barker or the MBRP are as far as Legal DB sound. The Hauck was a bit winey, but it was within legal range. ANy opinion on the MBRP header also. They look just like the Hauck, and Excell types. Just wondering about sound and durability. I would use OFT copper doughnuts with my header. Thanks guys

Not sure if this helps you, but I read that the Barker is 94db with a noise reducer and 103db without. Also, I did a quick db reading of the 20" Hindle with a db reducer and was reading low to mid 70s at idle ( standing 15-20ft away at 90ish degrees to the sled )...sorry, wasn't able to get a WOT reading

I have a full hindle setup which looks very nice but not installed yet. I would look into that and it eliminates your exhaust doughnuts too.

Race_blue60 said:
youtube it, ive got an mbrp on mine with my video on youtube ...type in yamaha nytro mbrp

i don't know how many times i've watched your clip, probably totaling ~100 times in the past months rofl :D

is it the mbrp standard (which almost looks like the stock can) or the louder, shorter model?

thinking of pulling the trigger on the standard model, a shop near me has them on sale :D

Back