• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's using what oil?

Sorry but semi synthetics are still petroleum based and therefore do still contain waxes which will cause the additives to break down!

AND, change your oil regularly. Still as good as 100% synthetics. If you dont change your oil regularly with synthetic or not you will have similiar problems.I have been to seminars, part of my job.

MEAT said:
AND, change your oil regularly. Still as good as 100% synthetics. If you dont change your oil regularly with synthetic or not you will have similiar problems.I have been to seminars, part of my job.
"Regularly" is a relative term. What does "Regularly" mean. A 100 percent Synthetic oil does not suffer the same type of breakdown as a petroleum based oil and is considered a high mileage oil. Now I'm not saying that I would go two seasons on the same oil but I am saying that the full synthetic does not suffer the viscosity breakdown at the same rate as petroleum based oil. It is a "High Mileage" oil.

Here's the kicker. You Drive 2000 miles on petroleum based oil and then send it to a sampling shop. Then, drive 5000 miles on a full synthetic and also send it to a Lab. I know what the results are but if I post it then it lacks credibility so try it and post results.

Zoom

A synthetic does not suffer the same type of breakdown that petroleum based oils suffer.

Yamalube or Mobile 0w-30

I've used the newest Yamaha 0-30 for the last 1000 miles with no problems, no consumption issues. I use the same viscosity in my Porche, per the manual (low tolerence engines). I've used 100% synthetic Mobile 1 in motorcycles, snowblowers, lawn tractors and just about everything.......not a problem.

Sodes

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 05's came with the 0w-30 4S yammylube that is full sythetic. That is what I have been using, and will continu to use.

Only thing I would change to would be RedLine or Royal Purple.

RX-Dave said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the 05's came with the 0w-30 4S yammylube that is full sythetic. That is what I have been using, and will continu to use.

Only thing I would change to would be RedLine or Royal Purple.

The 0W-30 4S Yamalube is not full synthetic....its a synthetic blend.

At my end of the season oil change I'll be switching over to mobil synthetic 0w30 or 0w40. 3500 miles on the sled and I've used yamaha oil since new.

monker said:
At my end of the season oil change I'll be switching over to mobil synthetic 0w30 or 0w40. 3500 miles on the sled and I've used yamaha oil since new.

Mobile 1 Synthetic 0w-40 is in my opinion (from a lot of reading) the best possible oil that we could use in these sleds.

zoomzoom said:
monker said:

Mobile 1 Synthetic 0w-40 is in my opinion (from a lot of reading) the best possible oil that we could use in these sleds.

How does that compare with Amsoil 0W-40 ?

I have made my mind up to use Mobile -1 full synthetic after weeks of contemplating what to do here.. 0-30 is going in my Rage :Rockon:

mikeb said:
Valvoline syn in Ford, BMW (bike), Porsche, and RX. Never a problem and $1.20/quart at Walmart.

In the world of oil, you always get what you pay for!!!

As far as Amsoil goes, I do know that they are always in the top 5 of independent surveys done and are well worth the money. Amsoil is also one of only a few oil companies that posts "4 ball tests" friction results. They are usually again at or near the top of the list for durability and protection.

I would think the Amsoil 0w 40 is as good or better than the Mobil 1 0w 40. It is what I am going to be using.

I've used Amsoil 0W40 since breakin on my 03, along with the Amsoil Filter. I've had no issues with oil consumption whatsoever.

Back