• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHY DO I SEE SO MANY NYTRO'S FOR SALE?

I have one...and its in the classifieds but that doesnt mean I dont like it...in fact I might get another (with a blower)...
they have some issues...and if you want a turn and go it might not be the choice..
it needs the suspension setup for the rider..at least the xtx....small adjustments make big differences..in 5 minutes I went from serious heavy steering to light...
the issues with these sleds 09-10 are similar to what the other fourstroke yams have had...handwarmers (on some) ....slide wear (til the wear point then seems to stop)..tunnel icing(needs a rear cooler)...crap skis.. and poor shock valving and spring rates ( can be tuned and corrected with a bit of effort)....poor wind protection(need a med or lg windscreen and wind deflectors ...better )

in short for the kind of money...power and motor quality I feel the sled is worth it if you are willing to work with it..the power is intoxicating and smooth with great fuel economy

SharkAttak said:
she feels it is to tippy, i've lowered it, done the ski widing, isn't the nytro lower? and not tippy?
It's been pretty well documented on this site and I concur that the Nytro requires a rider to actually ride the sled rather than simply "sit and steer". My wife likes to sit and steer so the Cat really works for her. The heated seat probably doesn't hurt either.

btw any sled with a heavier weight if it satisfies a lightweight rider wont a heavy weight and visa versa///without adjustments to the skid...

look up my post for the xtx suspension settings and see some posts from a guy who hated it out of the box and was selling...made a few of my adjustments and now loves...

also..as to the number for sale (I know three including me feel this way) the sled was purchased as a transition sled til we saw what yam would bring in 2011..

Awesome sled! Love every minute of it. Love my Apex too!

SledderSteve said:
SharkAttak said:
she feels it is to tippy, i've lowered it, done the ski widing, isn't the nytro lower? and not tippy?
It's been pretty well documented on this site and I concur that the Nytro requires a rider to actually ride the sled rather than simply "sit and steer". My wife likes to sit and steer so the Cat really works for her. The heated seat probably doesn't hurt either.

Agreed. I would have loved to have my wife riding a Yamaha, but after testing riding many sleds she wanted a Cat. Coming off an 07 Polaris 550 which was her first sled (she is orginally from AZ and had never been on a sled). At this point I don't care what she rides, just that she wants to ride, if that means a Cat, then so be it. But now she wants to ride all the time (not sure if that is exactly what i wanted :o| ), but I'm glad she likes it. Just keep letting your wife test ride until she tells you "this is the one", and you'll be good.

yah berge is right a vector is a real sweetheart....Ive never heard a complaint...

sj said:
yah berge is right a vector is a real sweetheart....Ive never heard a complaint...
You guys are right on regarding the sled but HRD2PLZ nailed it regarding the wife.

I recall a conversation with mine where she asked "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

I almost always choose happy. :-o

SledderSteve said:
sj said:
You guys are right on regarding the sled but HRD2PLZ nailed it regarding the wife.

I recall a conversation with mine where she asked "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

I almost always choose happy. :-o

thats the difference between a boy and a man the man has learned what steve posted....I am the most wrong person in my household...just ask the three felines! ;):D

my buddy got his ol lady a phazer and sold the indy light. she wants it to drag its running boards in the snow. ofcourse it wont steer, so she bitches. one time we clicked the back to medium, she rode 100yds in straight line, shut it off and ordered us to drop it back down. although not logical to me or him, should have saved the money and left her on the 35 mph $800 indy

When I bought my first XTX I loved it and still do...Anyways my wife was hearing weird noises with her CAT 570. So we switched sleds so I could check it out. Well the wife would not give me back my XTX. Now heres a guy over 200lbs all dressed in Yamaha clothing stuck riding a Crap 570 Cat. So that next weekened I said screw this and went out and bought a second XTX. So now she had her own sled and loved it.She is only 5'2" and had no probblems with it being to tippy. She actually loved the higher forward position. We had to sell it because she is pregnant and won't be able to ride for awhile. She was so pissed at me for doing that, but I made her a promise that I'd buy her a new once agian. So long story short if you don't like it out of the box start setting it up to fit your/hers riding style needs.

Back