• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHY DO I SEE SO MANY NYTRO'S FOR SALE?

SledFreak said:
Grimm said:
IMO, the reason that you see so many for sale is that the Nytros do not have the reputation as being a tough sled. The subframes bend with minimal impacts and that's a fact. If it's not bent yet, it will eventually.

I think most of the ones you see for sale are already bent and the owner has repaired it and is trying to unload it. The others you see for sale are owners who have not been able to dial in the sled's handling.

I don't think the subframe has nothing to do with it... I just believe that the Nytro just does not fit everyone's riding style. Just like the REV did'nt. IMO, the Nytro is just like DOO's REV as far as ride is concerned. I also believe that Yamaha defintely blew the shock calibration out the window on these sleds, which makes it tough for people. This sled can be dialed, but it takes a while to see where it's limits are, which gets people frustrated. Yamaha really F(&&^% up the calibration on every sled, since they started the 4 stroke market. Like I said earlier and many times before the shock guy or the person who decides on the clibration for these sleds who they are intended for should be fired..... Nobody should be allowed to F*&^% that many times.... My Apex was the same and so is my Nytro... Also the internet always seems to blow crap way out of proportion at a huge rate....

Yes, Yamaha is the only snowmobile manufacturer that leaves the most on the table for aftermarket companies to sell improved shock package calibrations so most population can tolerate the ride! IMO, other brands should be using Yami as a benchmark for ride quality as Yamaha is a part owner of Ohlins (one of the best in the business). Yamaha should be on top of shock valving technology yet they manage to blow it on every sled there is with exception for '08 Apex 40th Anniv., I just can't comprehend who the engineering manager is approving the valving packages.

Yes, Yamaha I hope you are reading this - I am going to spend an outrageous amount of money on aftermarket shocks and refuse to buy a new snowmobile from you until you can take baby steps to improve and provide an acceptable level of ride. If you think I'm full of sh*&% do a search above with "HYGEAR" and see how many pages you get. :o| :o|

Back