• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will closing off the tunnel void the warranty??

Morgan

Veteran
Has anyone asked your dealer or contacted Yamaha customer service about this?? Sounds like the best solution to the icing problem, but if it voids your warranty then not sure. Thanks for your help.

Close it anyway, and heat insulate the plastics surrounding the muffler if driving in high temp. air... Or open it again. Use quick fasteners ;)!

Morgan said:
Has anyone asked your dealer or contacted Yamaha customer service about this?? Sounds like the best solution to the icing problem, but if it voids your warranty then not sure. Thanks for your help.

Closing of tunnel will void warranty on seat and plastick around muffler. I have asked yamaha scandinavia about it and that was the answer I got. Also, they told me that the hole was there to cool down exhaust when sledding in tempratures around +10deg/C because yamaha under test driving in such tempratures had noticed heat problems with seat and plastic cover.

Back