• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

winch

If this is for a VK Pro, I recommend the HighJacker at http://www.highliftjack.com/ - much better than a hand winch - you don't need a tree to hook to. The HighJacker can lift the back of a VK Pro out of powder snow if you take a minute to pack the snow under the base plate.

there was one that was set up in a batterypack can't find it though with booster cables also

I have carried a Maasadam rope puller and 100' of 1/2 rope in three sleds over 16 years. I have used it only twice but I would not ride without it. I have used the rope many times and I also carry two 1/2" marine sailing pulleys...light weight, no rust and strong. I pulled my VK up hill using the pulleys and my friend's Bearcat. A pully on the front suspension, a pulley on a tree and the rope from the tree to the suspension, back to the tree and down to my friend. He drove down and pulled me up and out of a hole easily. The rope puller would have worked also if I had been alone but the pulleys made the extraction much faster.

All this gear fits beneath the seat.

I am curious if the Hijack would be able to lift a VK with a suspension full of snow. I looked at the web site for weight capacity but they don't list anything. It would need to lift at least 500#.

I've lifted the back of our VKPro with the HiJacker with the suspension full of snow but I'm not sure if the back of the sled would weigh 500#. I would think that it would weigh a lot less than that unless it was packed with slush or ice.

Thanks VKbcnorth. Yours is all the recommendation I need.

I picked 500# because of the gear in the rack and how the machine overall must be close to 1000# all gassed and ready to roll.

The HiJacker would solve a problem I have when dragging trails and burying the back of the sled. The hitch becomes inaccessable so the jack would get me out of a bad situation. I'm going to order one today. Thanks!

I've used a 1000# steel wire hand winch to move our VK Pro but the machine is usually in a hole and the winch had a hard time to move the machine because it was pulling against the side of the hole. The HiJacker lifts the machine straight up out of the hole. Then you just flop the machine sideways onto fresh snow. I've turned the VK 90 degrees by jacking the front then the back in small steps.

Wow! If the highjacker can lift the FRONT of a VK then that jack has real capability. I can't wait for mine to arrive. When I looked at the web site it showed lifting lightweight mountain sleds which would be something two guys could lift...maybe 250# or so.

I agree that pulling a heavy sled out of a hole puts alot of demands on a winch type puller. That is why I am careful to hook to the front A-arms. I've busted skis before. I towed my wife's broken Renegade about a mile using the front bumper but when I returned with the truck, the machine had set up in the cold weather and I broke the plastic front bumper trying to pull it into the truck bed. Life's lessons.

Back