• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield dull / scratched

twomorestrokes

TY 4 Stroke God
I know this has been discussed but I couldn't find it off a search. What do you guys use to bring back the shine on a windshield?

Pulled a good one and removed my trail permit with Goof Off. What a mistake, it messed it up fast. Bottom line was that I had to use rubbing compound and now the whole lower half of my w/s is hazy and looks like poop. I tried bringing it back with Mcguires and it helped but not a lot. Time for a new one?

Once you get that solvent penetration in plastics even plexiglass I have never been able to fix it and I have tried nearly everything

You could try to paint it from the inside to hide the blemish, other then that I think it is time to buy a new one.

I usually end up using WD40 to remove the residue left behind after removing the sticker. Takes a bit of time but eventually it does the trick and then just wash away the WD40 with soap and water.

I'll try the plastic polish. I've got it looking fairly good now but it still needs some work. Lots of swirl marks from rubbing on it. The black w/s bag behind it helps as does the fact that it's smoked, not clear. I've heard the WD40 trick, and I should have done that. Could have sworn I used Goof Off on my wife's windshield last year with no problems. That's what I get for thinking. Thanks for the help guys.

Back