• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

windshield/hand guard question

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
i have an apexgt 06 and im wonderin if the low chrome windshield (i bought mine as the demo with 500 miles an a mid sheild) makes you really cold. and also what are/is the best hand guards or guantlets? thanks

There have been a number of good discussions on this. I bought the plastic POWERMADDS after reading the post. These will keep the wind off & you can also buy extensions to make them larger if you want. The other benefit for me is that they have accessory mirrors that attach to them as well. I am putting them on this week. Google "POWERMADD" & you can look at them. Or do a search on this site for them as well.

Rox kit

I just installed the Rox mounting kit for Apex, with black powermadd handguard, not shown on their web site, had to call. Probably the best mount out but a little spendy 55$. Looks and fit great!!!! would send pic but file to big

Re: Rox kit

snowbiscuit said:
I just installed the Rox mounting kit for Apex, with black powermadd handguard, not shown on their web site, had to call. Probably the best mount out but a little spendy 55$. Looks and fit great!!!! would send pic but file to big

I have powermadd kit with powermadd black brackets...also added the mirrors for even more wind protection and they are slick to look behind.

even with these,and low stock 06 window,the warmers still are horrible...they just only get luke warm at best...even in trails at 5-6 grand they simply never got hot.

but every little bit helps....foam the bars helps too....also i run the SKIDOO all black gauntlets for real cold rides...with these you can keep hands warm for sure...but i dont like them all the time as you cannot signal very well...but they are warm.

everyone thinks hands are cold cause of windows too low ect...well,ive rode sleds my entire life with cut down shields ect ect..and sure you arent as warm BUT the warmers still get hot!...even if hands are more wind blown when you touch the bars without gloves they are hot to touch...these are NEVER HOT...luke warm at best....yammie dropped the ball on a NEARLY PERFECT sled....I LOVE this sled better then any sled ive ever owned....but WTF!...handlebar heaters have been HOT for over 15 yrs now...this is a total joke.

heres my guards with mirrors...

Dan

Attachments

• DSC00091.JPG
    DSC00091.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 103
APEXgtANDaBANSHEE said:
i have an apexgt 06 and im wonderin if the low chrome windshield (i bought mine as the demo with 500 miles an a mid sheild) makes you really cold. and also what are/is the best hand guards or guantlets? thanks
if you are going to use hand guards of any brand get the poer mad gauntlets. they are made to work with hand guards. used them this past weekend very easy on off. the opening is very large and it stays open because of the hand guard.

Back