• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wisconsin DNR Dumb Move

LOL, this sounds similar to what happened down in Florence, KY and would not be surprised if it was done for similar reasons. For any of you that have drove down I-75 southbound into KY, the city owns the water tower right off of I-75 and on the other side of I-75 is the Florence Mall. This water tower once read 'FLORENCE MALL'. However, local businesses other than the mall in and around that area began to complain about the free publicity the city was providing to the mall which eventually led to the water tower being changed to 'FLORENCE YALL'. Makes you wonder if this was done for similar reasons in that other businesses not on the trail began to complain about the free publicity the businesses on the trail were receiving. :dunno:

I believe this is on state owned land only, but ya what a #*$&@ Show this state is going to H E Dbl hockey sticks in a hand basket.

It's ridiculous... I think Evers is mad about the Tavern League fighting back against his 25% capacity plan and trying to flex his "muscles"...

https://fox11online.com/news/coronavirus/tavern-league-sues-over-wisconsin-indoor-capacity-limits

More than likely it’s exactly that. Our legislators nowadays are Petty and Vindictive, not hard too see, just watch the campaign trail and how these people act. They are mostly spoiled rich “kids”, now grown up, both sides of the fence.
Sad part is the clubs make a good amount of money maintaining and producing signage, so they will be out some $$$.
You watch these a$$holes will come back in a few years saying it’s ok to put up signs but it’s gonna be a fee for every sign with your establishments name.

I especially hate how they cut down every tree on huge tracts of state and federal owned land, leaving only trees near roadways so you “don’t notice”.
Fu€k they don’t even select cut, just rape it clean..............but they are worried about some stupid signs,? yea right.

Snobill I love your avitar!

I bought a 98 SRX parts sled a few years back it had a similar notification on the windshield.....
DB61F85A-BCD2-470A-85FC-2D86699F6A50.jpeg

:drink:
PS you probably know the guy it was in Wausau

I especially hate how they cut down every tree on huge tracts of state and federal owned land, leaving only trees near roadways so you “don’t notice”.
Fu€k they don’t even select cut, just rape it clean..............but they are worried about some stupid signs,? yea right.
Almost every intersection in your area and many others that sign saying a business this way or that way is how you get around! Without using them as points of reference what the heck else is there to reference to?

Yes I agree! I believe the law is there to avoid eyesores. The current signage has only the name of the establishment, very small and dull brown in color, hardly “Billboard” type advertising. Many times the signs are so small you have to “get close” to even read them.
Severally years ago I was in sledding up in the arrowhead. Everyday we came across groups of riders who were lost due to no signage and missing trail number markers. In addition the local clubs marked some of the trails with different numbers or letters than the state trail map......confusing and possibly dangerous in a low fuel, extremely cold situation.
M2C

This makes zero sense. Zero. Living in Iowa I constantly gloat about WI trails, and how well developed they are, and specifically the signage, its so incredibly nice to navigate with the signs. Let's be honest trail riding is no fun without the stops! I don't understand how big cities in MN and WI continue to elect metropolitan minded officials, ignoring the rural areas. If anyone of them has ever ridden they would never support this. Dumb.

The state requires all informational signs on the trail in Wi need to be brown and white nothing else. In the past here in Oneida county we have had business put up there own signs along the trail and the country made the club's take them down. Those business help pay for the trail maps by taking adds out on the maps. There's one other thing that rubs me the wrong way is all the money that the silent sports trails get. There is hardly anyone useing them and they bring in zero income in the area.

Back