• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WR 450 talk

I have a 09 WR450F—— normal mods— grey wire—YZ throttle stop— slip on pipe—.. Tod

I'd join the dirt bike discussion but alas I only have a little two fiddy.... :(
20200619_114812_copy_480x640.jpg

So far I did a JD jet kit, grey wire mod, opened up rear exhaust a bit,AIS plugged off, throttle screw,did hand guards, for snowbikeing I did thermobob, engine blanket,temperature gauge lots of work on this bike...pretty happy with it now !
CD2B8B19-0437-4C88-AF79-B9D661DE2F63.jpeg

I am looking at a 2019 WR 450 right now. The guy bought it and is not happy with it....not enough power...LOL

So far I did a JD jet kit, grey wire mod, opened up rear exhaust a bit,AIS plugged off, throttle screw,did hand guards, for snowbikeing I did thermobob, engine blanket,temperature gauge lots of work on this bike...pretty happy with it now !
View attachment 157972

I'm hoping this will be my next project ... My Daughter lives in Boise Idaho and they just got back into Sledding . I think a Snowbike would be easier for an old guy to keep up with the Young rebels on there 850's :) Plus it would be fun out there in the summer . I'm going to look for a used WR450 and a Yeti kit . It would be awesome if you could list the parts from your build and what you think is a must have for the bikes .

Pretty much just search the things I listed.....I too am getting up In years and I find the snowbike easy in snow but not easy on hard pack snow so I prefer my sled more, I also want to make my own coolant heated handle bars (home made) then I’m pretty much set!

Back