• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

X-games start tomorrow

yam177 said:
Not sure Just the rules ISR laid out for Sno-x. They can sometimes use hay bales to build the jumps.

I bet it is for a safety reason.

There go the lawyers making things difficult again. LOL

LJ 452 said:
Why did they (Yamaha) not have anyone in the Speed/Style? I noticed Cory Davis, from last year on the new Cat, he seemed pretty quick. To be honest, I didn't even realize he had left Yamaha.
Makes two of us,Still says he is a racer for Yamaha on there site. But he wasnt that good. Its all Steve Taylor!

yam177 said:
SledFreak said:
IMO, I think these sno-x tracks suck.. If you ever look at real outdoor motor-x track, they have alot of wider turns and longer straight stretches and when they get air, they really sail.... The jumps are a little more linier... The WSA tracks are built like Super-x tracks and sleds are not bikes. They just don't show their true potential in these tight tracks... Make a full tw0 miles course and let them loose... It's not like they are inside where they are confined.. The longest straight stretch is only 250ft... The only passing is in the air or when they hit each other in the corners.. It just looks way to conjested.. IMO, The tracks sucks.. Yamaha would definitely benefit from a larger track..

How much snowcross do you watch there are lots of places to pass on most tracks. X games is a whole different type of racing. Snow-x has always been tight tracks and big bumps. Now if you want high speed and long runs go watch CC but I hate to tell you Yamaha has not been very competitive there although they have had more success. problem with snox is the track changes way to much and its alot of snow and work to build one. You will never see a moto type track due to the massive amount of snow that would take. Plus ISR reg will not allow dirt to be used for the track.

I suggest you get involved in racing before you criticize the track to much. I am not bashing just presenting the facts. I have been racing Snox and CC for 7 years

First of all "edit for bad language"... I said it was IMO.. :o| Can you understand that... I have not raced in sno-x or CC... I would love to try CC, because to me it's the same as riding up here in Northern Ontario..... Fast cross country terrain.. They just don't have those events in my neck of the woods.. The only bad thing about CC, is it's not much to watch for spectaters.

I have been watching sno-x since 1995 and have been to many live events... I also had a few buddies that ran the CSRA circuit for a few years.. I live in the same town that had probably the best sno-x/oval racing clutching guy that ever hit the sport.. Maybe you heard of him George Sherrard... Since you are such a veteran and seem to be in the know, then you must know him like he is your buddy... He was Toni Haikonen, Vincent and Morgan's head wrench up until 2007 opening season.. Then he retired... Ask anybody in the series and they will know his name if you even race in the pro series...

So yes, my end of the wood's has seen alot of that sport... In fact the first real seasoner open for the WSA never really started in Duluth, it was at Searchmont resort where all of the OEM's used to goto and use it as a testing ground. It was the Canadian World Series of snow-x for the CSRA series. I was at most of the trailers every race when they all came up and that was when hibbert, Haikonen , Vincent, Morgan all came to race... I have met alot of these guys personally..

Back to the tracks... Most of those sno-x races are one on the holeshot.. Maybe you have not noticed because you have not had the chance to see that close to the front..

Sno-x is a little boys game anyways... Oval racing/CC is a man's sport..

Anytime you feel you want to race up here in the north, then bring it... ;):D If you don't like my attitude, then don't show me yours...

SledFreak said:
yam177 said:
SledFreak said:
IMO, I think these sno-x tracks suck.. If you ever look at real outdoor motor-x track, they have alot of wider turns and longer straight stretches and when they get air, they really sail.... The jumps are a little more linier... The WSA tracks are built like Super-x tracks and sleds are not bikes. They just don't show their true potential in these tight tracks... Make a full tw0 miles course and let them loose... It's not like they are inside where they are confined.. The longest straight stretch is only 250ft... The only passing is in the air or when they hit each other in the corners.. It just looks way to conjested.. IMO, The tracks sucks.. Yamaha would definitely benefit from a larger track..

How much snowcross do you watch there are lots of places to pass on most tracks. X games is a whole different type of racing. Snow-x has always been tight tracks and big bumps. Now if you want high speed and long runs go watch CC but I hate to tell you Yamaha has not been very competitive there although they have had more success. problem with snox is the track changes way to much and its alot of snow and work to build one. You will never see a moto type track due to the massive amount of snow that would take. Plus ISR reg will not allow dirt to be used for the track.

I suggest you get involved in racing before you criticize the track to much. I am not bashing just presenting the facts. I have been racing Snox and CC for 7 years

First of all F&*()... I said it was IMO.. :o| I have not raced in sno-x or CC... I would love to try CC, because to me it's the same as riding up here in Northern Ontario..... The only bad thing about CC, is it's not much to watch for spectaters.

I have been watching sno-x since 1995 and have been to many live events... I live in the same town that had had probably the best sno-x/oval racing clutching guy that ever hit the sport.. Maybe you heard of him George Sherrard... Since you are search a veteran and seem to be in the know, then you must know him like he is your buddy...

So yes, my end of the wood's has seen alot of that sport... In fact the first real seasoner open for the WSA never really started in Duluth, it was at Searchmont resort where all of the OEM's used to goto and use it as a testing ground. It was the Canadian World Series of snow-x for the CSRA series. I was at most of trailers every race when they all came up and that was when hibbert, Hickenon (spelling), Morgan all came to race... I have met alot of these guys personally..

Anytime you feel you want to race up here in the north, then bring it... ;):D

Wow never ment to come across like that. I just get sick of hearing complaints from people that have no understanding of the sport you seem to have a good understanding.

Yes I am aware of searchmont in fact I raced there every year. except the last three when I moved back to MN. In fact I was sad to see one year it was canceled due to a dispute. I have heard of George by no means do I know him on a personal level maybe I have talked to him at one race. You are right CC is a tough spectator sport although The I500 had people lined up down every road watching the race this last weekend.

All I was trying to do was explain from a racers perspective and one that has been involved in building tracks and helping promoter gets the race venues together. there is just alot behind the scenes the average person does not see, that is all I was explaining.

Yep, just watched it... Was not impressed to say the least... I thought that motor was supposed to be a monster... Does not seem like it...

I love my Yami but man does Cat have a winner, those sleds are SOOOO fast out of the corners and such good hole shots, and Tucker looks like a MACHINE out there WOW.

That double back flip from Levi was so insanely sick!

It was nice to see in Next Trick that a Yami was out there bangin back flips, and when did Jimmy Blaze move to Doo?

I'm sure they have more usable HP than anybody. Its a package thing. In time...

RJH said:
I'm sure they have more usable HP than anybody. Its a package thing. In time...

too bad we have been saying this for three years!

im with you though. robbie has said himslef that it is a handling issue, power is there

anyone can jump a nytro (even doug henry can, yes even paralyzed), just need to slow it down and turn it quick enough

Sno cross

So when is the next race on my cable box it just is talking about snow board stuff.I love watching these guys no matter what they are driving.Did any one hear if the guy that ate the bars is ok? I hope

Guys Talked to Yamaha race manager they are running a new rear skid and it was breaking and not transfering wieght so that why they dropped to the back hopefully they have it fixed by the LCQ. Thats your inside info of the day

Back