• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XP vs Nytro

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
I know this has been talked about 8787767 times,But the reason why I am posting this is because i have a chance to get an 2011 800 ETEC. Now I have my 08 Nytro RTX and I like it,But in your honest opinion is the Doo way better or is it all hype?

I'm aggravated,What do want. If you can read I clearly said it was NOT bent after I hit the rock. I jumped off my sled and checked it right after I hit it.

IMO the XP is a better sled but its major weak point are the motors. My friends 600 etec popped at 2K miles. The sled handles and rides like a dream though.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
I know this has been talked about 8787767 times,But the reason why I am posting this is because i have a chance to get an 2011 800 ETEC. Now I have my 08 Nytro RTX and I like it,But in your honest opinion is the Doo way better or is it all hype?

Bottom line is this.... Is the 800 e-tec a better handling and riding sled then the Nytro. Yes... But you will be replacing that motor somewhere between 3-6000 miles. After it being 2 years old, the re-sale is a killer on the DOO, because who in there right mind will buy an 800 R with 3-4000 miles on it, or more and are going to pay 6-8000 for it. I know I can get somewhere in the range of 6-9000.00 for my 2009 FX Nytro XTX, which is now going to be 2 years old, once 2011 are out. Mileage on the Nytro Motor means nothing.... So at most all you will have to do is change some suspension bushings and bearings. You will be the same for the DOO, plus a motor. The most warranty you can get on a ski-doo is 3 years on the power train, with a 50.00 deductiable. I have a 5 years warranty on my Yamaha and the Y.E.S. covers alot more then just the Power Train with no deductible.

The money that you will have to spend to get the 800R can make your Nytro into a killer sled with reliability...

I know of a few DOO tuners who have abandonded the 800R and replaced them with the DOO 1200 and have added headers and clutching and the result has been just as fast or faster, then the 800R for TRAIL riding. You decide..

I'm right with freak.

I bought my XTX about a right as you can buy a sled. I'll have less than $3000 in it, and it only has 1800 miles on it.

I put over 12,000 on my srx and I was still running strong when I started parting it out. You'll rarely find another brand with that kind of mileage. I've seen some but not that many. I ride with about 10 guys. 5 are Yami's and 4 have over 10k on them (including the srx).

I'm always looking to the future and have been trying to forcast how long I'll own the XTX. The only other sled I would consider it the 800r, but like freak's post, the value isn't there and all I would gain is weight loss.

I can ride my sled for 3 years, then it will have around 10,000 miles on it, and the minimum I'll get out of it is $3000. Most likely more like $4000

The XP is an awsome sled, my brother in law rides an 09 X pkg and is completely happy with the sled but has one concern this season...engine reliability. The crank bearings are crappy in them and they seem to be the major problem with those engines and he is worried about it....BRP is using the same bearings in the E-tech so that problem won't go away....if you go with the XP...get extra engine warranty...othere than that I think they are a great sled...personally I'd consider a 1200 with a header/fuel programmer over the 800 E-tech...150+hp and the same handling as the XP.

You canget 4 years of warranty on a ski-doo. 1 Factory year, and 3 years extended Best warranty.

You talk about value blah blah blah, No snowmobile holds its value worth a crap once you load it on your trailer. Especially when dealers have left overs all over the place. Snowmobiling is expensive no matter how you look at it.

Also, people cry all the time about bending their xp sleds from normal trail riding. Claim to not hit anything and come home with bent front ends. Thats been happening since they put front suspension on snowmobiles.

I made the switch, we'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to let everyone know when my motor blows, and how well the brp customer service is.

My e-tec is going to go mile for mile with my old nytro this year. Should make for some good comparisons, I'm excited to compare them.

Back