• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX 141 to 144 conversion

Jon Boron

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper XTX SE
To those who have done this swap:
-has anyone changed gearing? (10 tooth 2.52 drivers being 5% bigger)
-is the getting the speedo recalibrated an issue?

-Any other issues to consider?

Your speedo should be more accurate now I would think.

My speedo is dead on with GPS right now.

I went from 21/41 to 24/50 when I switched to the 10 tooth driver, didn't want to loose any low end snap. I have the hurricane 190 kit and I'm super happy with this combo. Super responsive down low and mid. I would say if your looking for top speed stick with 21/41. I can tell the 24/50s start to lose the arm stretching acceleration in the 80s where the 21/41s seemed to pull just as hard thru 90s. I wasn't really interested in triple digits since our trails are a lot of tight twisties and there's not lots of opportunities for 90 plus.

I went from 21/41 to 24/50 when I switched to the 10 tooth driver, didn't want to loose any low end snap. I have the hurricane 190 kit and I'm super happy with this combo. Super responsive down low and mid. I would say if your looking for top speed stick with 21/41. I can tell the 24/50s start to lose the arm stretching acceleration in the 80s where the 21/41s seemed to pull just as hard thru 90s. I wasn't really interested in triple digits since our trails are a lot of tight twisties and there's not lots of opportunities for 90 plus.
recalibrate? For the insight. 24/50 is what I was thinking of changing to to keep the overall ratio the same. Did you have your speedo recalibrated?

I didn't recalibrate. Haven't checked with gps but I know the odometer is still very accurate.

Back