• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Best Suspension setting

Good job boyz !!!!

Headed out to the garage right now as I knew I had some dialing in to do.

Only Yamadog suggests a carbide change. All the rest of you guys stayed with the stock carbide ??

I was going to swap the dual off-set carbide from my Cat and give that a try. What do y'all think of that ??

check out the coupling system from zbroz racing looks sweet quick adjust from zero coupling to full

I'm running stock carbide

freelance said:
Good job boyz !!!!

Only Yamadog suggests a carbide change. All the rest of you guys stayed with the stock carbide ??

I was going to swap the dual off-set carbide from my Cat and give that a try. What do y'all think of that ??

Mountain riding in mostly powder with snow packed roads to get there....so no carbides or what is left of them after a few passes down my street. :sled1:

NOS-PRO said:
I'm running stock carbide

Hey NP....what's your weight......and the front skid shock is that 11 threads showing from the bottom ??
Single 4" stock carbide.......hhmmm.

I'm similar to Yamadog......5'10".....190lbs. The other day I was on a high speed chase with 2 Apex in loose twisty but not narrow trail. Couldn't keep up.....felt like I was darting all over the place and pushing hard in the corners. My arms were hurting at the end of the day...LOL !! The next day I go out in roughly the same conditions but at a much more reasonable pace and she rode pretty good although still darting.

Just went out and checked some things. Front shocks were at 65psi....increased them to 85 to see if I can get more bite. Rear shock was at 115psi. No complaints there....have yet to bottom out.....pretty damn comfortable......but just for grins increased to 120psi. The front skid shock is just above center and the limiter strap is right in the middle.

Thinking about going to the 8" Dooleys or is that gonna make it even harder on the arms to turn ??

Anymore advice boyz ??

My weight is 205 and I am 5'11"

Yes, 11 threads showing from the bottom.

single 4 inch carbide on stock skis

85 in the front might make more ski lift, but try it

The dooly's I think would help cornering and might add a little more effort, but I wouldn't think that much.

I was thinking of going the same route with dooly's or something with more carbide

NOS-PRO said:
The dooly's I think would help cornering and might add a little more effort, but I wouldn't think that much.

I was thinking of going the same route with dooly's or something with more carbide

Thanks.

After more research and even recommendations from Woodys I think the 6" Slim Jims is where I'm going.

freelance said:
Good job boyz !!!!

I tried udal 8" on the stock skis with no luck the turbo and 150 studs just pushed the front into the weeds.

I went to the Arctic Cat dealer and got dual staggered carbides for my XTX. I have around 1200 miles on them. Zero darting with them and not much for push in the corners.

I'm waiting on a set of ski savers from Bergstrom to try on my Xtx. I'm 6' and 280 lbs. Stock 4" carbide but I want to try the cat staggered aggressive 4.5". Anybody tried those yet? I rode an XF1100T last season with the staggered and could steer with 1 hand easily.

freelance said:
NOS-PRO said:

Thanks.

After more research and even recommendations from Woodys I think the 6" Slim Jims is where I'm going.

Let me know how they work bud! ;)!

NOS-PRO said:
Here is my settings after this weekend and it's even better than it was before.

Front shocks 68 (checked with skis in the air) maybe going down to 64 this weekend.

Center shock with 11 threads showing, rear shock set at 130 and limiter straps now sucked down another hole. I am in the 3rd hole now and the skis will come up 3-4 inches on the hard-packed trail. Rail like no tomorrow with the stock skis a the ride is very plush. If I just get on my sled, I have 3 inches of movement.

When I sit back, I can carry the skis up to 80mph
(see Winterfest 2014 in the racing section for a video)

I am interested in this...my XTX is set up pretty good for me. Currently I am running 75 psi up front and 135 in the rear but have not messed with the limiter straps or the center spring adjustment. I am about 255lbs with gear....like to ride hard. The problems I have had is inside ski lift in corners (more when you get lazy or tired) and darting...sometimes bad! Seems that the harder you ride the less darting but sometimes when the conditions are just right it just about throws you off. I was thinking of either the Bergstrom 6" set up with the savers or the staggered cat carbides. I would like to get a little better handling in the corners, less front end push.

chop1869 said:
I'm waiting on a set of ski savers from Bergstrom to try on my Xtx. I'm 6' and 280 lbs. Stock 4" carbide but I want to try the cat staggered aggressive 4.5". Anybody tried those yet? I rode an XF1100T last season with the staggered and could steer with 1 hand easily.
Hopefully he sends the shims with the ski savers. They make a big difference with darting. I ran ski savers on this skid before adding shims and they didn't do much alone. I would shim them. My carbides showed too much front wear on this chassis last season so I'm guessing these xtx's will benefit as well

HighBrass said:
NOS-PRO said:
Here is my settings after this weekend and it's even better than it was before.

Front shocks 68 (checked with skis in the air) maybe going down to 64 this weekend.

Center shock with 11 threads showing, rear shock set at 130 and limiter straps now sucked down another hole. I am in the 3rd hole now and the skis will come up 3-4 inches on the hard-packed trail. Rail like no tomorrow with the stock skis a the ride is very plush. If I just get on my sled, I have 3 inches of movement.

When I sit back, I can carry the skis up to 80mph
(see Winterfest 2014 in the racing section for a video)

I am interested in this...my XTX is set up pretty good for me. Currently I am running 75 psi up front and 135 in the rear but have not messed with the limiter straps or the center spring adjustment. I am about 255lbs with gear....like to ride hard. The problems I have had is inside ski lift in corners (more when you get lazy or tired) and darting...sometimes bad! Seems that the harder you ride the less darting but sometimes when the conditions are just right it just about throws you off. I was thinking of either the Bergstrom 6" set up with the savers or the staggered cat carbides. I would like to get a little better handling in the corners, less front end push.

Highbrass - Check your toe-in/toe out. I have mine 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch and I get a tad bit of darting slowing down....otherwise it's been awesome!

Have to say I bottomed out a few times this weekend on the big holes on trail 8 in Munising (4 - 5 footers) so I believe my suspension is set up perfect.

Also, for those in our group yesterday, I was jumping off of very tall snowbanks! 7 foot minimum and landing very hard. This sled rocks!!!!

Back