• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx in the mountains?

bbrunick

Veteran
What do you think? What if you swap the track for a 2 inch or 1.75?

Tough trying to decide between the RTX SE or the XTX. I would like to go out west once a year so I"m thinking XTX and swap tracks.

what they said! I would buy an 08 but what I read about the front ends makes me nervous, even though I could buy a new RTX for less than 8K.

I'm just thinking of using the XTX as a true cross over...but is it really more of a trail sled? How hard is it to change the tracks on the Nytro's?

bbrunick,Please fill in your profile location it's required by all memebers.Thank You
The xtx I think would be awesome.
I had a strestched out 136" vector with lot's of lightweight parts with a 136"x2" track and I had a blast riding in the mountains with that it was more fun then my apex mtn.I got stuck a few times more then my mountain sled bun the fun factor was worth it.

What do you think? What if you swap the track for a 2 inch or 1.75?
I just rode the 09 XTX with the 1.75 under it out here in MT. Temps ranged from -4 in the morning to about 39 in the afternoon! This thing is a blast on the trails and truly feels like any 121" that I have ever ridden ( former flatlander from MI ). I got to open it up on some whooped out straight aways and the suspension handled it great!! Did a small amount of boondocking up some hills and threw the tree's into a small open area with about 10" of fresh and it did a great job ( I would have liked to try this with the MTX riser bars and a much bigger area to try some side hilling). I also measured the ski stance between the 09 XTX and the 09 MTX and they both measured 46.5" outside to outside. The spindles measured 41 on the MTX and 43 on the XTX ( outside to outside ) FYI. All in all I think Yamaha did a great job with this sled!

:yam:

Attachments

• IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 134
That looks like a BRP 44mm track and imo that track is way to weak and i dont belive Yamaha would put that track on their sled (hope anyways).. My friend has a BRP 44mm on his nytro an there are not many of those sidepaddles left on it.. My 38mm ripsaw looks like new (and I have 1000km more on my track and alittle racing). Im going 44 nrxt year but then ill go with the race track.

I think they are going to be offering a kit ( hi rise bars, track and skis? not really sure what it will consist of! ) for the Mtn regions for the XTX. It was a camoplast track just not sure what model.

Scooter700 said:
I think they are going to be offering a kit ( hi rise bars, track and skis? not really sure what it will consist of! ) for the Mtn regions for the XTX. It was a camoplast track just not sure what model.
In my opinion, a 1.5" or 1.75" paddle track should be standard equipment if they call it "crossover sled".
Well, I hope that kit will be offered also on this side of the pond...

I would venture to say that is the 144 x 1.75 backcountry track that I have used on my 08 Nytro all winter. Mine also worked great in the mountains , actually better then I expected.

Back