• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX in the Mountains

Sask Attak

Expert
I just got back from a ride at Elkford B.C. There is LOADS of snow there!! Being a flatlander I had my transfer maxed out. Little did I know, in the deep powder at the mountains, this set-up will not work. I turned my transfer down and got everywhere I needed to go. I'm not a highmarker, I just like to play in the powder.

I just thought I would share this information so others heading to the mountains can turn their transfer down before the trip instead of when the sled is trenched down 4 feet.

suck up the limiters & turn down transfer for real deep snow riding. It flattens the approach angle even more.

Turk said:
suck up the limiters & turn down transfer for real deep snow riding. It flattens the approach angle even more.

do you mine less gap between the nuts and block.

And the limiters strap in the top hole?

Sask Attak said:
I just got back from a ride at Elkford B.C. There is LOADS of snow there!! Being a flatlander I had my transfer maxed out. Little did I know, in the deep powder at the mountains, this set-up will not work. I turned my transfer down and got everywhere I needed to go. I'm not a highmarker, I just like to play in the powder.

I just thought I would share this information so others heading to the mountains can turn their transfer down before the trip instead of when the sled is trenched down 4 feet.

What did you use for clutching? What altitude were you at?

Back