• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx scratchers on front of skid?

danjpohl

Pro
Anyone had good success with scratchers on the front of their skid? I would like some there or may go with some on the skiis.

Switched to a 1.75 track this year and want to be sure to have enough snow on the track.

My hyfax only lasted 1,100 miles last year and were toast in the middle right between the two wheels. Dealer says that is probably from going wide open down the trail. The front of the hyfax were still in great shape.

Thanks!

Here's were I have mine installed, after I removed the outer idler wheels and installed hyperfax.
Last year I had them mounted further back, due to clearance issues with the outer idler wheels. With the outer wheels in place, they were mounted to the rail just behind where the spring block attaches to the rail.
I'm trying the forward location to see if I can get more spray into the skid for improved cooling.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 95
hope u dont plan on extending hyflex wear without the wheels...u need bigger wheeels if anything to elim hyflex wear. i use polaris size wheels on yami bearings. twice the hyflex wear on my srx versus my brothers and the 2 sleds were never apart. xtx has yet to be tested, but it has bigger wheels at 0-miles. there can be no snow and the wheel will save u, cant say the same for that ice scratcher going down a road...

So I have the new 2010 XTX it has two sets of idler wheels along the rails. Would it be in my best interest to remove the front set of wheels and add the scratchers? Or are the wheels better and forget about the scratchers all together? There is no room for both.

Thanks Guys.

im planing on using some homemade scratcher this year on my skies. here if the link on how to make then (im gona copy his idea) http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/show ... p?t=119884
i got the spring at my yamaha dealer because there a john deere dealer to and the steel and a metal place. i think im about 10$ in and i have 50% of the stuff i need. the thing i like the most is if you make them like him if you backup you wont damage the scratchers.it will cost me 5$ to replace the spring if i wear it out vs like 60 for the ones you buy at a store.

billy2guns said:
So I have the new 2010 XTX it has two sets of idler wheels along the rails. Would it be in my best interest to remove the front set of wheels and add the scratchers? Or are the wheels better and forget about the scratchers all together? There is no room for both.

Thanks Guys.
There is room for both if you mount them back farther. In the bolt hole where the front rail brace bolt attaches.
I ran them there last year. Only issue was once in awhile the temp light would come on at slower speeds on hard pack.
Main reason I moved them up, was to try a get the ice spray a littlle closer to the MTX cooler. That and shed some weight off of the rear skid.
Similiar to what Yamaha did with the new MTX SE.

Back