• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yam Rivet ?

MattB_Qc

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Polaris Rmk Assault 2018 - Sold
Spring Order Sidewinder LTX-LE - 2021
hey, guys, I needed to change my front bumper bracket there are 4 rivets on 3/16 can I use a normal rivet with no problem same size ? or do I need Yamaha ones -.- ? I'm not sure if they work with a normal rivet tool

These may be Cat rivets, which I don't think are as good as the Yamaha rivets.
The Yamaha rivets that were used on the all-Japan sleds, while not cheap, are excellent quality. I would use those.
I wouldn't use cheap rivets from a local hardware store.
Hope that helps.

Installed Aluminum Front Grab Bar, P/N: SMA-8MT55-00-BK on my 2020 winder

I used the rivets that came with the kit and used a regular rivet tool or rivet adapter that come with the tool. Sorry I don't really remember. All I do remember is I had to remove the fuse block, and I dropped a part (something I needed bad) down the grab bar channel and its gone forever. Suggest you protect against that (cotton?). The instructions of course suck and made for every winder that ever existed. My two cents. Good Luck

If you drop something into the tube use a strong magnet(on the outside) and just slide it from the outside once it grabs your lost part just keep working it towards opening or hole, etc. Obviously this only works on metal objects "lost"

Yes Thanks for the tip Jonlafon, but I tried that.
Working on power-sports you just need the discipline and take the time to cover everything with a blanket or in this case rag/cotton
There was a joke on in the Covid room thread something about the 80% of the parts that you drop go into hyperspace never to be seen again..

If you order rivets from Yamaha don't be surprised to receive them individually wrapped. ISYN!

Back