• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha’s R&D Nytro race sled exposed

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX

Attachments

• Yuji 2.jpg
    Yuji 2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 304
  • Yuji 1.jpg
    Yuji 1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 225
  • static 2.jpg
    static 2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 275
  • static 1.jpg
    static 1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Robbie 4.jpg
    Robbie 4.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Robbie 3.jpg
    Robbie 3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Robbie 2.jpg
    Robbie 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Robbie 1.jpg
    Robbie 1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 288

Well that answers a few questions...
I gusse we will see the 3 cylinder in the phazer the year, I knew they wouldn't kill that off after all the R&D put into it as it was a brand new engine for 2005, but kinda a surprised they used it in the FX chassis.
Should be alot better next year (sno-cross sled) when they have it fined tune.
Looks sweet ;)!

Tom, try and find out if they are using the 14" tunnel or a 15". Pretty please!

The front suspension, bulkhead, and side panels are a derivative of the Phazer design

:pics: :pics: :pics:

I was sure they were using the Vector motor. IMO it is the best 4-stroke sled motor out. I can't wait to see the consumer version of this sled. My dealer said it is on the way!

I loved the fact that the 14" tunnel felt so narrow. I thought it was great and much easier to stand on. Slimed the whole sled down. The pegs on my ATV are only say 12" apart, see where I'm going? If they build the eventual production units based on the sno-x sled.......

If it will be too much trouble, I'm sure the info will be forthcoming soon anyway.

Very cool.. i hope they doo well

For this weekend i bet Robbie gets in the top 3..

UGI.. i bet will be at the back of the pack..

Reports from the track is that this thing has some sick bottom end. Shooting roosts about 3x as high/far as the other 600's.

Over on Snowest, someone said it was an SC4 with an Ohlins. Could be, but I doubt Yamaha would enter such a high profile race with someone else's skid.

rockrider said:
Over on Snowest, someone said it was an SC4 with an Ohlins. Could be, but I doubt Yamaha would enter such a high profile race with someone else's skid.

I agree, probably a look alike from the reverse engineering.

Back