• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Blog Photo

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
550135_369340893111099_119660308079160_1106511_376923423_n-150x150.jpg

So what is this animal that Chris posted on the Yamahablog? Is it a Yamaha ATV with ski/track kit?

And on another note, what happened to those Patent findings we found of the Yamaha patent on an articulated front steering and track that had rolled up edges on it? My guess is it is an attempt to build a sled that provides the sidehilling that the new BRP with T-motion is doing.

Guesses?

Spindles look really high but from what i read on the net they are still testing the design.There hoping to have kits out by next winter.Track design does rob HP(according to the dirtbike owners track setup)but this maybe the only way for us yamaha owners to get a hybrid sled/atv that weights under 400lbs.Seen the dirtbikes on you-tube with the timberland set-up and they can put to shame any sled when crawling through a deep snow tree line.They still won,t have the HP to match sleds out in the high-speed hillclimb.Remember Chris Reid had a 660 raptor a decade ago with a twin-track/ski set-up but he said it really slow the machines top speed down.If it works better than the twin track set-ups of the past then sign me up for one(already got the quad for it,700 raptor).

Boy oh boy! When I saw this and then red low slung's post I thought that is almost exactly what I've been trying to build using a Snosport chassis. Same TS mountainhorse track/suspension assembly and all. The problem I've been having is coming up with a lightweight motor that makes enough power/torque AND could be couple with a CV clutch. I had even considered using a dirtbike motor with a direct chain drive ... there are ways to convert the clutchpack assembly and shifter to run the motor as an automatic, but they're spendy. With this kit, I could toss the snosport idea out the window and just get a quad to convert. Might have to give TS a call to see if they will 'confirm or deny' the rumors on the forums. ;)!

Just checked out there price for the dirt bike kits and got sticker shock.For about a grand more i could pick up a left over phazer.Too rich for my taste(but all there dirtbike kits are sold out).

Back