• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha changed the capacity?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
2017 Sidewinder has a rated fuel capacity of 10.0us gallons

2018 Sidewinder has a rating of 8.9 gallons.

What happened?

Fill tank (not ALL the way to top to cap or it will get on your seat) then push down on back end. The tank will go "blluurrrpppp" when the air comes out then you can put almost a gallon more in.

Fill tank (not ALL the way to top to cap or it will get on your seat) then push down on back end. The tank will go "blluurrrpppp" when the air comes out then you can put almost a gallon more in.
Thank you for the explanation .I always wondered what that means.

My 2017 cat spec sheet that came with my sled says 8.9
yes the spec sheet has been wrong, and still is....likely a dozen threads on this last season, same thing diff yr.lol

Rear of tank is higher then front, when filling up the air remains at rear. So if you push down on rear of sled, air rises naturally and "burps" out front. Now you can add another gal approx.

Same as doo...only diff is Rmotion has much more sag, so it is easy to ''knee'' down the rear alone to get a full burp. SW LTX will be harder then RTX to knee it down alone, a buds help gets a more full burp.

:Rockon:

Dear lord, Dan......yes brought up many times.

Memory loss and old age go hand & hand. And for some more than others. I hate it.......

we call it super fill....fuel cap goes back on....knee into rear of seat hard a couple times...add more fuel....procross and doos due to tank design

we call it super fill....fuel cap goes back on....knee into rear of seat hard a couple times...add more fuel....procross and doos due to tank design
You dont want to press on seat as fuel will spit out....Knee onto rear bumper, no need to put cap on(just dont fill it to brim first time) and its easier on doo since they sink nicely with Rmo....cat not so easy, so a bud on bumper really makes for a full burp.

haha

actually... yes... cap on... knee into seat... has worked better than rear bumper push and seems to fill more... especially with the le shocks.... seems faster at the pump line also

actually... yes... cap on... knee into seat... has worked better than rear bumper push and seems to fill more... especially with the le shocks.... seems faster at the pump line also
I would not start telling people that....as I constantly see guys trying that and flowing all their fuel all over their seats. Inevitably someone will do it and forget to put cap on....Since tank is directly under seat, when cap is not on it the tank dents down from pushing on seat, and fuel gushes out....

Also, you lose a step in fueling as you must now remove pump spout, hold that in one hand, then put cap on, then knee on seat, then uncap, fuel up.....

I leave pump filler sitting right into filler neck, burp, and then keep pumping. Where we are the lines are nuts, you want to be fast.

Read the post Dan... cap goes back on first... never a drop..
Just a super fill... pushing on there rear with the cap off would have a greater chance of fuel on the seat...just common sense

How bout just filling it and putting the cap on, and then that's it..so I don't get the extra gallon in..not a big deal for me. Will the sled vapor lock/not run right if one doesn't burp it??

How is this acceptable in the 21st century? This isn't a toilet it's a fuel tank that's as life or death important as a divers air tank when your 40 miles from a road at -20.

Back