• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Engine in Textron Side by Side

I totally agree Cannon there is no way Cat is going back to Suzuki and you surly don't have to worry about Tectron or Weber building a competitive 4 stroke. They do on the other hand build a good lawn mower engine. Robbie Gordon is doing his own thing with the Wild Cat XX he was a major player in the development of it. Don't read to far into this, a lot of it is fake news.

I thought Suzuki was the one who terminated the relationship with Cat?

I thought Suzuki was the one who terminated the relationship with Cat?
They did. Thats why I doubt Cat/Textron would go back. Speed is using the old Suzuki because its cheap. Lots of Leftover stock that I can see. Can buy brand new 12/13 TurboCats for $8000.

I've heard rumors the last few years that Suzuki Corp was not doing well financially.
I follow MotoGP closely and they had exited that sport for a while due to lack of $$$$'s but are back at it now.
There is no doubt however, that Suzuki builds excellent engines.

Its a damn shame something like this post should cause a disturbance in the force. This is the one big issue with the Yamacat. Yamaha is not in control and we dont know what the future will bring.

I was just looking for Doe Pee, blame the BIFF for any disturbance in the FORCE
Are the bucks rutting in your neck of the woods? Things are getting going here in Minnesota! Matter of fact I'm heading straight to the stand after work today.

Its a damn shame something like this post should cause a disturbance in the force. This is the one big issue with the Yamacat. Yamaha is not in control and we dont know what the future will bring.
I totally agree, but I guess that is the way Yamaha and Cat want it. We would all like to see a copy of whatever agreement Yamaha and Cat are working under, but then again, I guess the competition would like to see it too, so it will never be made public. They may still be operating under a renewal of the original agreement, or there may be a whole new agreement with Textron. There are millions of dollars involved in the Yamaha/AC partnership, so it's not like two good ol'boys making a deal on a handshake. There are definitely lawyers involved, and somewhere there is a very detailed contract that covers every aspect of the relationship, with provisions about termination and renewal. The good news is that for now, Yamaha snowmobile is publicly saying they are here for 2021 and in the planning stages for 2022. That means the agreement must still be good for another couple of years.

Are the bucks rutting in your neck of the woods? Things are getting going here in Minnesota! Matter of fact I'm heading straight to the stand after work today.

The pre-rut is on fire in our next of the woods here in Ohio but haven't been able to make it out due to surgery for tearing my meniscus. However, with this recent cold spell, I'm planning on going out all this weekend and my knee be damned!

The pre-rut is on fire in our next of the woods here in Ohio but haven't been able to make it out due to surgery for tearing my meniscus. However, with this recent cold spell, I'm planning on going out all this weekend and my knee be damned!
When theres a will there is a way!!!.

The Doe's tarsal glands are turning dark brown & your Meniscus is enflamed!
At least you didn't blow a belt cuz then everybody would be sending you sympathies.
I had my neck fused one year & dragged a deer 500 yards one week later, so toughen up Rob, THE RUT IS STARTING !

P.S: only an OCD post could have Susuki, Meniscus, Kymco, Tucker Hibbert, Tracker, Robbie Gordan, Tarsal Glands & Doe Pee in it

After walking the course that is the Novi Snow Show, I actually feel pretty good. Worse case scenario was I was going to bring along a crutch. Seen too many good pictures on trail cams to not be out so rest assured all ye faithful, I will be sitting in a tree strand 5 hours from now!

Back