• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA MISSED THE BOAT

Im in.!

Lets see ,I have hope.... the Powerball now in Jersey and Mega too.

IM in 20. bucks each TUES Mega/ WEDS. Pball.

15000 sled + set up.(?).
850 studs and labor (Roetins).
150 cover.
100 6"duallys.
95 Regs.
550. sales tax.
85 Spare belt
-----------------------------------

$16,830. Est. total due at p/u

Not bad for 3 months of use...iI wont have to even win the biggie.

Ill keep u all updated.i think i can do this thing!. You'll be the first to know..after my wife... ;)! ;)!

...and in Ontario they start at $16,699!!!!
+extras and upgrades
+13% tax

We'll be over $20,000 in a heartbeat.

zoomzoom said:
thereandbackagain08 said:
Sasquatch said:
catchmeifucan said:
they fixed all our gripes, but at a price, over 17000 here in canada, think i will buy a car or 2 instead!

But last years Apex was over 17,000 here in Canada. Where is the extra price?

I think the increase is out of line, considering historical context, if one looks at the lineage of the Apex:

YR/////////MODEL//////MSRP////% Increase from Previous YR
2003//////RX-1 ER//////$9,149////// -
2004//////Warrior///////$9,449//////3.3
2005//////Warrior///////$9,599//////1.6
2006//////APEX GT/////$10,899/////13.5
2007//////APEX GT/////$11,199/////2.8
2008//////APEX GT/////$12,099/////8.0
2009//////APEX GT/////$12,099/////0.0
2010//////APEX GT/////$12,399/////2.5
2011//////APEX SE/////$14,949/////20.6

Perhaps if they had phazed in these changes over 09-10 model years, people would not be so upset. The % increase is much larger than past evolutions. I don't so the point in undergoing an evolution if you could not keep it price competitive. I believe they would have been better off only implimenting the power steering and suspension changes while keeping a modest price increase of 8-13.5% rather than such a shift.

GEE... Do you think MAAAAAAAAAYbe the drastic increase in price has anything to do with our government printing and pumping an endless supply of money into our economy causing our currency to devalue at a pace that is unprecendented. How in hell do you guys not expect the cost of these sleds to go up when the value of our currency continues to decline in world markets?

READ THE F*&^%N WRITING ON THE WALL!!!
Don't get me started on our currency mess. However, the Nytro only has increased by $300 which is about 2.7%, making your point complete invalid. That still leaves us with a 17.9% increase: $2000+ to take some off the shelf tech and update the sled.

The title of the thread is "Yamaha missed the boat": I am just trying to make the point that the boat was probably doing a phased transition in 09-10 model years with a more acceptable price increase. A year in which there was unfavorable economic situations is not a good year to have your top line take a 20% price jump without an amazing reason. A new paint job and skis may and a modest 5% price increase would have been easier for most to swallow.

The title of the thread is "Yamaha missed the boat": I am just trying to make the point that the boat was probably doing a phased transition in 09-10 model years with a more acceptable price increase. A year in which there was unfavorable economic situations is not a good year to have your top line take a 20% price jump without an amazing reason. A new paint job and skis may and a modest 5% price increase would have been easier for most to swallow.

How can you justify saying this with fox floats, eps, and power valves.

zoomzoom said:

How can you justify saying this with fox floats, eps, and power valves.

Simple. Like I said, if they had made the change to EPS and Fox Floats in 09 with a modest price increase of say 7-8%, We would have all been charmed by it's handling. The rest could have been done last year or this with another relatively modest price increase. People take things much easier that way, and are less likely to gripe about it as well as more likely to fork over the cash. I won't argue that it's not worth 20% more. I haven't ridden it and don't claim to know. I only maintain that this unprecedented price increase is too much in too short of time given the current economic climate, and will suffer for it.

Now, if they hold the line on price for a couple years, maybe it will pan out. This just seems like an odd year to make a ton of changes and ask for 20% more.

dirkdiggler said:
Mighty said:
It's probably is a very nicely refined sled but how many are going to pay that kinda coin in this economy......

refined is the word, they called it a game changer. I posted two weeks ago and had the usual suspects calling me out protecting Yamaha.

Can you imagine if ford said they were releasing a new Mustang. they called it a Game changer and it was a refined version of the Current model. They would be lambasted by the press and the public.

anyone who is on a current Yamaha who buys one of these is a FOOL!!!!!!!!

Perfect, I couldn't of said it better myself.

Back