• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA MISSED THE BOAT

Sasquatch said:
catchmeifucan said:
they fixed all our gripes, but at a price, over 17000 here in canada, think i will buy a car or 2 instead!

But last years Apex was over 17,000 here in Canada. Where is the extra price?

I think the increase is out of line, considering historical context, if one looks at the lineage of the Apex:

YR/////////MODEL//////MSRP////% Increase from Previous YR
2003//////RX-1 ER//////$9,149////// -
2004//////Warrior///////$9,449//////3.3
2005//////Warrior///////$9,599//////1.6
2006//////APEX GT/////$10,899/////13.5
2007//////APEX GT/////$11,199/////2.8
2008//////APEX GT/////$12,099/////8.0
2009//////APEX GT/////$12,099/////0.0
2010//////APEX GT/////$12,399/////2.5
2011//////APEX SE/////$14,949/////20.6

Perhaps if they had phazed in these changes over 09-10 model years, people would not be so upset. The % increase is much larger than past evolutions. I don't so the point in undergoing an evolution if you could not keep it price competitive. I believe they would have been better off only implimenting the power steering and suspension changes while keeping a modest price increase of 8-13.5% rather than such a shift.

arteeex said:
SnoXer470 said:
Would it make a difference if they waited until 1pm? I'm tired of the people on here...complaining about those who COMPLAIN...Last time I checked the people on here are the CUSTOMERS..They have every right to criticize or complain about anything they wish....How do u think things change? If everyone that came on here felt everything Yamaha did was perfect all the time...where would the innovation be? We would still be riding trailing arm 2-Strokes...U don't like people voicing their "opinions", then don't read them :)..Simple no?

I'm sensing you feel strongly about this. And, note the irony.

this is great...i love irony :tg:

So the trail ppl got a new machine with somewhat new trail capabilities. But the rest of the program is a joke. Cross over segment, choose Doo, Poo or Cat and they all have better snowmobiles in that segment. In the Mountain segment Yamaha is lost, completely lost. The tank Viking Professional should have had power steering. Look at BRP's Lynx Commander and you see how far behind Yamaha is in this segment. The segment between Phazer and Nytro... where is it? People who likes trail got some news, not much but some news but the rest is just a joke.

I for instance looking for a hybrid machine and have an CF8 and from looking at Yamahas hybrid segment I see that they have nothing to offer.

The new XTX Apex, what is that? Look at the angle on the track. That one doesn't goes in the snow! So what should it be for me? Think I'm going Cat for another year.

Okay the news:
Exup valves didn't do anything on the bikes so why should it matter on a snowmobile?

Hooked handlebars, 2011, I haven't had a snowmobile for ages who hasn't had hooked handlebars. Please...

Power steering: Please on a cross over machine you need less weight not more. I can count the times I wished I had power steering on my snowmobile on one hand.

No MTX in the 800 segment, I really hope that Doo makes a 1200 XP Summit so Yamaha wakes up.

So Yamaha I'm going on other brand for another year and hopes that you soon going to make snow-mobiles not only mobiles for very pisted road like conditions.

----
Used to ride Yamaha but rather have fun on a Cat.

thereandbackagain08 said:
Sasquatch said:
catchmeifucan said:
they fixed all our gripes, but at a price, over 17000 here in canada, think i will buy a car or 2 instead!

But last years Apex was over 17,000 here in Canada. Where is the extra price?

I think the increase is out of line, considering historical context, if one looks at the lineage of the Apex:

YR/////////MODEL//////MSRP////% Increase from Previous YR
2003//////RX-1 ER//////$9,149////// -
2004//////Warrior///////$9,449//////3.3
2005//////Warrior///////$9,599//////1.6
2006//////APEX GT/////$10,899/////13.5
2007//////APEX GT/////$11,199/////2.8
2008//////APEX GT/////$12,099/////8.0
2009//////APEX GT/////$12,099/////0.0
2010//////APEX GT/////$12,399/////2.5
2011//////APEX SE/////$14,949/////20.6

Perhaps if they had phazed in these changes over 09-10 model years, people would not be so upset. The % increase is much larger than past evolutions. I don't so the point in undergoing an evolution if you could not keep it price competitive. I believe they would have been better off only implimenting the power steering and suspension changes while keeping a modest price increase of 8-13.5% rather than such a shift.

GEE... Do you think MAAAAAAAAAYbe the drastic increase in price has anything to do with our government printing and pumping an endless supply of money into our economy causing our currency to devalue at a pace that is unprecendented. How in hell do you guys not expect the cost of these sleds to go up when the value of our currency continues to decline in world markets?

READ THE F*&^%N WRITING ON THE WALL!!!

The complaints sound the same as a spoiled kid on christmas morning,got the things he asked for and stll pissed-off :tg:

HP

HP is not the same it is 165hp it is not official but got it from a inside source...

The more they go up in value, the more my 2006 Apex GT is worth.
Before I buy a 2011,
I'll put a clutch kit and new skis on my 2006.

the new apex, apex se and apex xtx are pretty sweet i think. just can't justify spending that much on something i might put 1,000 miles on. personally my next sled will be a nytro xtx, more my style. won't be a new one though, maybe a used one or a left over sometime in the future. for now i'm saving my 15 grand to put towards a sx230 jet boat that i really want and can use alot more.

zoomzoom said:
snowmaaan said:
....same look, xtx skid with power steering. No game changer. Also, most people out there are looking for more accelertion and top speed ~ put some power out there and you have what people get excited about, even if its the old apex chassis.

I want more power with yamaha reliability. I will not spend the money for power steering and faster acceleration...buy a clutch kit if you want that. In my opinion, thats what is upsetting.

If they had given us more power then we would have been bitching about ski lift and darting and bottoming. These guys did GREAT and they have the perfect segway for what they are going to do in 2013 (180-190hp sled). You guys should know by now that sled mfgs never do a complete pant puke in one model because it eliminates future opportunities.

Really, then what was the REV? That was revolutiuonized and a "Game changer"

Re: HP

helmic said:
HP is not the same it is 165hp it is not official but got it from a inside source...

BS, if it was, they would have announced it...

SledFreak said:
zoomzoom said:
snowmaaan said:
....same look, xtx skid with power steering. No game changer. Also, most people out there are looking for more accelertion and top speed ~ put some power out there and you have what people get excited about, even if its the old apex chassis.

I want more power with yamaha reliability. I will not spend the money for power steering and faster acceleration...buy a clutch kit if you want that. In my opinion, thats what is upsetting.

If they had given us more power then we would have been bitching about ski lift and darting and bottoming. These guys did GREAT and they have the perfect segway for what they are going to do in 2013 (180-190hp sled). You guys should know by now that sled mfgs never do a complete pant puke in one model because it eliminates future opportunities.

Dude, they all do it! DOO could have released the 800 etec when they release the 600 etec but again I make my point!

zoomzoom said:
If they CHANGED front end geometry, ELIMINATED ski lift and darting, FIXED bottoming issue, MOVED center of gravity forward. ADDED power steering, RESOLVED heating issues, ICREASED power, ADDRESSED rear skid durability,

WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT?!?!?!?!!!!

Umm, how about an Apex Mountain? That's a big omission.

Mark

zoomzoom said:
SledFreak said:
zoomzoom said:
snowmaaan said:

Dude, they all do it! DOO could have released the 800 etec when they release the 600 etec but again I make my point!

No, they couldn't because they were having a problem with the injectors feeding the 800 motor. That is why it was not released DUDE!!!!!

SledFreak said:
No, they couldn't because they were having a problem with the injectors feeding the 800 motor. That is why it was not released DUDE!!!!!

Keep thinking that!

Back