• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA MISSED THE BOAT

SnoXer470 said:
Would it make a difference if they waited until 1pm? I'm tired of the people on here...complaining about those who COMPLAIN...Last time I checked the people on here are the CUSTOMERS..They have every right to criticize or complain about anything they wish....How do u think things change? If everyone that came on here felt everything Yamaha did was perfect all the time...where would the innovation be? We would still be riding trailing arm 2-Strokes...U don't like people voicing their "opinions", then don't read them :)..Simple no?

I'm sensing you feel strongly about this. And, note the irony.

If they CHANGED front end geometry, ELIMINATED ski lift and darting, FIXED bottoming issue, MOVED center of gravity forward. ADDED power steering, RESOLVED heating issues, ICREASED power, ADDRESSED rear skid durability,

WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT?!?!?!?!!!!

....same look, xtx skid with power steering. No game changer. Also, most people out there are looking for more accelertion and top speed ~ put some power out there and you have what people get excited about, even if its the old apex chassis.

I want more power with yamaha reliability. I will not spend the money for power steering and faster acceleration...buy a clutch kit if you want that. In my opinion, thats what is upsetting.

i like what i see, however the price is shocking. Some of this stuff should have been fixed on the original 2007,2008,2009 and 2010. Why should I have to buy a new sled to get rid of ski lift i have had for 4 years, and pay extra for the grip warmers to work. I do like the new sleds, but the jump in price would be very hard to stomach. Its just not worth that much for a snowmobile.

now, if they did all this and kept the prices pretty much the same, i think the response would be different.

zoomzoom said:
If they CHANGED front end geometry, ELIMINATED ski lift and darting, FIXED bottoming issue, MOVED center of gravity forward. ADDED power steering, RESOLVED heating issues, ICREASED power, ADDRESSED rear skid durability,

coffee holder and satellite tv!

snowmaaan said:
....same look, xtx skid with power steering. No game changer. Also, most people out there are looking for more accelertion and top speed ~ put some power out there and you have what people get excited about, even if its the old apex chassis.

I want more power with yamaha reliability. I will not spend the money for power steering and faster acceleration...buy a clutch kit if you want that. In my opinion, thats what is upsetting.

If they had given us more power then we would have been bitching about ski lift and darting and bottoming. These guys did GREAT and they have the perfect segway for what they are going to do in 2013 (180-190hp sled). You guys should know by now that sled mfgs never do a complete pant puke in one model because it eliminates future opportunities.

zoomzoom said:

I'll say it again. Yamaha took the Motor technology from the Bike the power steering from the quad. Adding a Fox float to the rear to address the bottoming issue is something they should have down in 2007.

catchmeifucan said:
zoomzoom said:

coffee holder and satellite tv!

That's all you need Ross, so you can sit back in the woods and fall asleep dreaming of winning a race against my pesky lil Nytro ;):D

i now think im about priced out of the yamahas i sold my apex this fall and was waiting to buy the new one, riding my old 01 srx in the meantime thinkin 14000 is way to much to spend on a new sled, i paid 8500 for my new 06 apex

zoomzoom said:

A frickin mountain sled is what the hell more I want - Good Bye Yamaha - it's been a slice - hype,,,anticipation,,,teasers,,,"Big Frickin Let Down - #$%&*

[/quote]

If they had given us more power then we would have been bitching about ski lift and darting and bottoming. These guys did GREAT and they have the perfect segway for what they are going to do in 2013 (180-190hp sled). You guys should know by now that sled mfgs never do a complete pant puke in one model because it eliminates future opportunities.[/quote]

You must be a Cubs fan? Just asking. Next year... 2013... blah blah blah..

This sled should have come with a minimum of 170HP for that price increase. At that price it should be the HP leader as well as a trail leader.

Will I get one? Not sure as I am intrigued by all the other things they FIXED and agree with others that some of these things should have been addressed way before now. I would like to hear weight/ HP to decide on the 128 or 144 track.

To those that are upset and RIGHTFULLY so, we (Customers) should not have had to purchase new skis, dual carbides/bergstroms to make the sled work correctly. Handwarmers? Compared to every other manufacturer Yamaha has easily the worst ones. This should have been addressed after all the complaints back in 2006. A member on the board came up with a fix before Yamaha did.

In short people have a right to bitch. It only make the product better. Yamaha is listening and I glad I own their product. They just did not go far enough. We wanted a Home run not a solid double....

Oh well, there's always next year...

Back