• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA MISSED THE BOAT

Yes, they needed to refine the Apex to stay on top in the trail catagory, and if Other manufactures come out with Power Steering in the next year or so then this "new" Apex IS a game changer.

Me and my local dealers are SCRATCHING our heads though, there is ALOT of demand for a Cross Country style phazer along with another sled with the SAME phazer chassis with a 100hp twin engine. The local dealers sell quite a few Phazer MTX sleds just because people don't want a 121" sled. Dealers sell more Phazers than the rest of the line up combined around here. How does a 100hp 136" phazer sound? :Rockon: I couldn't wait so I bought a left over 09' MTX for 5600$ and am using the 2000$ saved over a new one to BUILD an Phazer XTX out of it.

It all comes down to this. everyone asks for changes. Yamaha made some great improvements on this sled and like I said before they could have built a sled with 170HP that got 30mpg and guys on here would still b$%^$ about something...obviously the price will go up it has new technology If you want a new sled buy one if you don't cool. your choice. most of use are sick of posative post getting turning into bash's about what they should have done differant.

yamahey said:
I just have to say, you guys slay me. You all love your Apexes and this sled will be the best Apex ever, probably by quite a bit if the reviews are accurate. You all knew what this sled wasn't from the rider reviews. Now you know exactly what it is, and that is the best trail sled out there. If you were in the market for one, and had the cash, this is what you would buy.

Now, the cost is the real issue. If Yamaha released the sled they could afford to build and sell for $10K today the comments would really be amazing to read. If you want a nice sled (even the same as last year) it is going to cost more. Why? Blame our politicians. They have so destroyed the dollar that imports are cost prohibitive. Arctic Cat and Polaris should have an advantage in that department.

Looking at this sled and ignoring the cost, it looks to be an awesome sled. If I was going to buy a new one, this would be it. Of course I can't afford one and don't need a new one so I won't worry about it. I love my 2004 stretched RX-1 with Expert-X, C&A skis, ECP kit, and heavy hitters. Don't know if I will ever buy a new one. Thanks Jason, I still love it!! With these prices, more than ever.

Good job Yamaha. Now if you could only do something to strengthen our dollar and lower these prices so we could afford these sleds!!

Still not a gamer changer like they bragged

I'm not even so worried about the small details, they DROPPED the Apex Mountain! I can't ride a short track in the powder here.

When I get a new sled, if the choice is between a Nytro MTX and a 2 stroke, I would rather go 2 stroke.

Mark

ApexRtxGuy said:
It all comes down to this. everyone asks for changes. Yamaha made some great improvements on this sled and like I said before they could have built a sled with 170HP that got 30mpg and guys on here would still b$%^$ about something...obviously the price will go up it has new technology If you want a new sled buy one if you don't cool. your choice. most of use are sick of posative post getting turning into bash's about what they should have done differant.

this isn't a positive post. Go back and read the title. Most of us are sick of the Blind sheep who think everything Yamaha does is great posting how we should just be happy with what Yamaha gives us to ride.

dirkdiggler said:
ApexRtxGuy said:

this isn't a positive post. Go back and read the title. Most of us are sick of the Blind sheep who think everything Yamaha does is great posting how we should just be happy with what Yamaha gives us to ride.

YOU ARE RIGHT ;)!

It is a game changer, the rich will ride yamahas and the rest of us will ride cats or doos. I think I will go look at a 2010 left over turbo cat for 10,000.

adirondac blue said:
It is a game changer, the rich will ride yamahas and the rest of us will ride cats or doos. I think I will go look at a 2010 left over turbo cat for 10,000.

SORTA LIKE THE WHOLE COUNTRY HAVE AND HAVE NOTS :Rockon:

Fool HERE ! :Rockon:

I'll probably buy one depending on the demo ride. :bling

Us high HP Yamaha trail riders who have been waiting five years got what we wanted for the most part.

Time for you other types of riders to wait a year or two.

As far as US pricing goes, blame it on your government or banks. They caused the drop in value of the Greenback. :moon:

You still get a better deal than us Canuks. :o|

New models introduced at 12 o'clock.

Bitching about the new models introduced at 12:01.

Awesome.

arteeex said:
New models introduced at 12 o'clock.

Bitching about the new models introduced at 12:01.

Awesome.

Would it make a difference if they waited until 1pm? I'm tired of the people on here...complaining about those who COMPLAIN...Last time I checked the people on here are the CUSTOMERS..They have every right to criticize or complain about anything they wish....How do u think things change? If everyone that came on here felt everything Yamaha did was perfect all the time...where would the innovation be? We would still be riding trailing arm 2-Strokes...U don't like people voicing their "opinions", then don't read them :)..Simple no?

I don't mind seeing the lack of changes. I'd rather they work on refining the existing sleds than release something completely new. Sales in the sled market have been declining for the past 10 years. We are on our way back to the 80's when i recall the '85 Polaris brochure had less than 10 models. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't like how the prices keep going up. The least expensive sled they sell is the $8,300 Phazer. That is ridiculous. I'd go buy a Ski-doo TNT for about the same money and it would offer far more performance. I guess if you don't have the volume you make up for it in price. But, the other OEM's will also raise their prices and I can't believe anyone would buy a ticking time bomb, POS Polaris CFI 800 for well over $10,000-$11,000. Spend that kind of money on a 2-stroke that you'd be lucky to get 3000 miles out of.

Game Changer? I am going to reserve my comments about the merits of the sled until I ride one.
It certainly is a game changer in one respect, I will have to mortage my home to buy one. LOL!

Back