• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro won’t wheelie

Cmireau

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
have a 2009 yamaha Nytro turbo with the 240 kit on it. I have a cr racing tunnel and a m10 suspension and I cannot wheelie at all! Any suggestions?

I think your problem is the M10 suspension. This is a fully coupled suspension for great ride quality. If you want to stand your sled up on end you need an uncoupled suspension.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

I think your problem is the M10 suspension. This is a fully coupled suspension for great ride quality. If you want to stand your sled up on end you need an uncoupled suspension.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Nailed it!!!

The M10 is the worst suspension for transfer ever created. It was revolutionary in the early 90’s, mind blowing even, but it’s now a 28 year old design and many OEM skids are much better. The only thing the M10 does well is ride like magic in the stutters. I had one and it was garbage in the big bumps as it couldn’t handle the big hits, it didn’t transfer, and it was hard to adjust. Falling rate skids are not what works. The M10 was amazing becuase it had 10” of rail travel during a time period of 6” travel rear skids. Now it is a boat anchor. I’d recommend swapping in a Ski-Doo rear skid that you can get a good deal on.

An M10 was likely installed to keep the nose down and sled parallel to the hill when serious hillclimbing was the target. They really are the bomb when it comes to vertical climbing. But take all the "fun factor" out of the sled as a daily rider. Puts all the energy on the nose of the sled which makes it a one dimensional ride. All the serious "Free Climbers" usually put an M10, CR10 or Baker Skid in their boosted 4 strokes to make them climb with efficiency. If you want to make it a play sled then I'd suggest you look at alternative. A Viper Mtx skid from 2016 would be a very decent alternative and cost effective. Light and cheap as well. If you want to see about tuning your M10 send me a pic of the distance between your rear blocks (the gap) on rear arm. Those can be tailored a bit to help with transfer. Cheers

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Can I take the blocks out of the suspension at all? Or do I need a whole new skid?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
does anybody have a stock skid out of a Nytro or viper for sale?

An M10 was likely installed to keep the nose down and sled parallel to the hill when serious hillclimbing was the target. They really are the bomb when it comes to vertical climbing. But take all the "fun factor" out of the sled as a daily rider. Puts all the energy on the nose of the sled which makes it a one dimensional ride. All the serious "Free Climbers" usually put an M10, CR10 or Baker Skid in their boosted 4 strokes to make them climb with efficiency. If you want to make it a play sled then I'd suggest you look at alternative. A Viper Mtx skid from 2016 would be a very decent alternative and cost effective. Light and cheap as well. If you want to see about tuning your M10 send me a pic of the distance between your rear blocks (the gap) on rear arm. Those can be tailored a bit to help with transfer. Cheers
Would a timber sled skid work for wheelie?

Would a timber sled skid work for wheelie?
Yes for sure. I had one in a Nytro MCX 270 174". Was both fun and a reasonable climber when I coupled it earlier. Super light as well. If you can find one for a reasonable price it wouldn't be a bad idea. Make sure its in good shape however, as they were light for a reason.
I also know Chad at CR has a 162 Viper skid complete he would sell. Give him a call 250-491-1836
Good luck.

Yes for sure. I had one in a Nytro MCX 270 174". Was both fun and a reasonable climber when I coupled it earlier. Super light as well. If you can find one for a reasonable price it wouldn't be a bad idea. Make sure its in good shape however, as they were light for a reason.
I also know Chad at CR has a 162 Viper skid complete he would sell. Give him a call 250-491-1836
Good luck.
Thanks a lot I appreciate all the help!!

Can I take the blocks out of the suspension at all? Or do I need a whole new skid?

does anybody have a stock skid out of a Nytro or viper for sale?
I custom cut/shaved the blocks down in mine and it helped to increase transfer. The downside is the coupling is then reduced making it easier to bottom out. I honestly thought the skid was a confused mess. Back then they offered an electric motor kit to move the position of the rest track shock fore and aft to increase/decrease bottoming resistance. They then went to air bag springs that rapidly increased in rate as the suspension compressed. This helped to offset the falling rate.

I‘d try shaving the blocks down first as it is free and see how you like it.

How are ice age rails for wheeling on flatland?

Back