• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

Luckily those sleds are all 2012 models, so we can at least spend the next month thinking something will actually be new.

cannondale27 said:
You know what even though I would like a new sled if the kids get one that would be awesome!They are our future.

Ya no doubt. All we have to choose from is extremely over priced 120cc sleds and a little older (and now harder to find) twins like the polaris 340 and yamaha enticer etc

There is just nothing out there to get kids hooked on the sport. I know that Phantoms are out there but personally would rather a sled that comes from one of the 4 mfgs.

Crappy video they could have at least shown us SOMETHING. Oh well we can wait.

All I can say is great move tossing this Video out Yamaha, I was just going to go look at a uses Polaris 120 tonight, now I think I'll wait to see why the Kids in the video were excited!

blueironranger said:
All I can say is great move tossing this Video out Yamaha, I was just going to go look at a uses Polaris 120 tonight, now I think I'll wait to see why the Kids in the video were excited!

Maybe it was a puppy... ;):D ;):D

Maybe they dropped the Bravo to make this "kiddie" sled. It might be a sled big enough for adults too ... giving them a model for the low-budget entry market and at the same a model suitable for the kiddies. Whatever it is, I hope we get to see it on the 9th. Otherwise, that video is just a cruel tease!

If its a true 120ish kiddie sled I'll be happy, if its a 3/4 size sled with a WR250 based motor I'll have to keep looking for 120 as that would be more suited to my 5 year old. Not that a 3/4 size 30-35hp sled wouldn't be a bad idea. 350#, 35-40hp EFI sled for ~5k would probibly do quite well. 35-40hp is plenty to spin a 121x14 track and push a sled up to a 50mph trail speed. That's more HP AND lighter weight than the old Indy 340/Ovation 340's had and those would do 65-70mph WOT under good conditions.

Hey Blueironranger - I've got a couple of snosports in good running condition. One needs a track, but my kids are still riding both as-is. If this supposed new Kiddie sled is more of a 3/4 sled with a little bit of trail worthiness to it, I'd be willing to part with at least one of my snosports. Lets see what the next few months bring, and if you're still hunting for a kiddie sled after the MY13 release, keep me in mind.

blueironranger said:
If its a true 120ish kiddie sled I'll be happy, if its a 3/4 size sled with a WR250 based motor I'll have to keep looking for 120 as that would be more suited to my 5 year old. Not that a 3/4 size 30-35hp sled wouldn't be a bad idea. 350#, 35-40hp EFI sled for ~5k would probibly do quite well. 35-40hp is plenty to spin a 121x14 track and push a sled up to a 50mph trail speed. That's more HP AND lighter weight than the old Indy 340/Ovation 340's had and those would do 65-70mph WOT under good conditions.

I just built my own.....

Attachments

• fx120e.jpg
    fx120e.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 143
Same old. That is why I still ride an 05 RX-1, updated myself to a Rapex-1 of course. Saved roughly $8500.

looking at what polaris is bringing out this year and what skidoo might be bringing out, looks like yamaha will be a bit behind with the BNG's..

I recently read that skidoo is looking to recapture some the mountain market it lost to Polaris' RMK sleds, and that they will introduce a new mountain specific chasis. Haven't heard what Polaris is doing other than more variations of the Pro-ride.

OVR4D said:
I recently read that skidoo is looking to recapture some the mountain market it lost to Polaris' RMK sleds, and that they will introduce a new mountain specific chasis. Haven't heard what Polaris is doing other than more variations of the Pro-ride.

Lots of buzz on the 2013 PRO-RMK. Carbon fiber frame pieces, dropped more weight. They are releasing pics/details all week on FB

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 418&type=3

Back