• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Rhino 700

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I tried to use the ATV section of T.Y. to ask this question but don't see a place to do so, so I will ask here.
I am interested in getting a Rhino 700 and a UTV Mountain rear seat/roll cage extension for the family to use on trails, hunting, cutting wood and general work.
Are there any Rhino models/years to stay away from? Are there any typical problems they have? What are the best value bolt-on power/performance adders for them?
Thanks,
Mills

I think all the Rhinos over all are great machines.. a little under powered but pretty typical for Yamaha ATV/UTV. What will be your primary use?

Primary use will be riding the whole family around on the trails in and near our seasonal campsite. Will use it for deer hunting and maybe some projects around the house once in awhile.

Primary use will be riding the whole family around on the trails in and near our seasonal campsite. Will use it for deer hunting and maybe some projects around the house once in awhile.

Should work out nice. My brother has a Viking and thats nice and roomy.

kirkswim has one and we have tried to beat the tar out of it on occasion. 700cc ones are all fuel injected. the 450cc and 660cc ones are carb.models. all do the job fine from what i have seen. the only reccomendations i have is to do the slug mod to the cluch weights, overdrive secondary mod and to get the grease less set up for them as it eliminates the need to re pack every time they get swamped. there are times we have treated it like a bulldozer pushing logs and trees out of the way on the trails and gotten called crazy but it beat lifting and cutting them.

Back