• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaheaters!

woodydog

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Polaris Rush Axys Pro S 800 60th Anniversary
2015 Yamaha SR Viper RTX DX
1983 Yamaha Vmax 540
1981 Yamaha SRX 440
If anyone is thinking about getting Yamaheaters and hasn't done so, do it now! Rock is the best Customer Service person I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with! I had a slight problem with the heater on my Girlfriends Phazer and Rock went above and beyond the call! He is awesome and the Heaters are Phenominal! Buy Rockmeister's products! They are great!
Mike D

It's -33 Here right now without the windchill.... Only fence that will help is an electric fence.... Yamaheaters were worth the money IMO.... Season not long enough to pass on riding because of cold weather

kidastra said:
ok, what is this boost I keep reading about?

X2

I have the original with the toggle switch-glad I have it so I can turn them off on warmer days. Can't picture needing any kind of boost.

I got the yamaheater for the grips as well as the thumb boost for my 11 apex. The thumb doesn't seem to get hot like the grips. I can barely feel the heat in the deep cold. The grips are night and day...THEY WORK GREAT. -34C and my hands were warm in gloves yesterday. Just wondering if you guys have noticed the thumb not getting nearly as hot. Do you turn your thumb seeting to its lowest setting for max heat like the grips.

I had a first Gen Yamaheater and I don't see a need for the boost either. I remember a 250 plus mile day and didn't need the Yamaheater until the last 50 or so. I didn't have a spare pair of gloves and the ones I was wearing were damp with sweat after riding all day. I turned on the Yamaheater the last 50 miles as the temp dropped and it was awesome even with my wet gloves. Rock provides the best customer service in the business which is a nice benefit as well.

G.B.

ok I can't be the only one who thought "YamaHeater Plug & Play w/Boost" meant it comes with the thumb boost.
what happened to keeping it simple
YamaHeater Plug & Play
YamaHeater Plug & Play+
thumb boost

makes it easier for me to understand

is there a yamaheater package that has the thumb boost included?

Thanks guys! ;)!

lrioux:
Your Thumbwarmer doesn't really have any thermal mass to heat up, so it doesn't need the RED LED super high mode.
The Thumbbooster increases the heat range of of the factory 1-8 Bars, so 8 is still the highest setting.
That being said, your thumbwarmer should get very hot now, if it isn't give me a call.
Sent you a PM & you may have tried to call, have been swamped lately.
Text me or call, will get you all set!

Boost versus non-Boost models:
Some sleds are ok without a Boost, some are not, even some with-in the same model AND year are ok without, yet others, you would freeze without the Boost.
The Apexes are a good example of this.
Depending on year, that particular sled etc, it could go 50/50.
The Nytros on the other hand, are almost always really cold and need the Boost, yet not always 100%
So what works for you may not always work for others, even if it is the same model & same year, there is that much variance.

What I tell people is that if you have a sled that is always cold, get the Boost model.
You can always turn them down, but if you are at highest setting, there is no more "Up".

We can build the Thumbbooster into the P&P with Boost YamaHeater, it definitely takes some work, so we have to charge extra for it.
Eventually we will offer it built in as one unit, however, at this point it is a pretty custom build.

Really?
Do I have to do Canookian translations???
lol No Mom, please! I don't wanna!!! lmao

Anyone here a good translator?

Just kiddin Dude.
The names have kind of evolved over time.

Really,
What do you want us to call the P&P YamaHeater?
And the P&P YamaHeater with Boost?
And the Thumbboost?

Am always open to suggestions. :rocks:

Rock :-o

Rockmeister said:
Thanks guys! ;)!

Really?

Just kiddin Dude.

Really,
And the Thumbboost?

haha I'm telling you I was so confused until I read every page of your site yesterday, I had no idea what "boost" was and assumed it went with "thumb Boost"
YamaHeater Plug & Play (regular)
YamaHeater Plug & Play plus, extreme, gen 2, ver 2, pretty much anything without the word boost (with "boost")
YamaHeater thumb boost, thumb heater,

I've now learnt what everything means so it's easier to understand now, but I swear I had no idea what I was ordering until it arrived at my door. Just new cold hands = yamaheaters

kidastra said:
Rockmeister said:
Thanks guys! ;)!

Really?

Just kiddin Dude.

Really,
And the Thumbboost?

haha I'm telling you I was so confused until I read every page of your site yesterday, I had no idea what "boost" was and assumed it went with "thumb Boost"
YamaHeater Plug & Play (regular)
YamaHeater Plug & Play plus, extreme, gen 2, ver 2, pretty much anything without the word boost (with "boost")
YamaHeater thumb boost, thumb heater,

I've now learnt what everything means so it's easier to understand now, but I swear I had no idea what I was ordering until it arrived at my door. Just new cold hands = yamaheaters

Hahhahaaa!
Hope you like what you received! lol
I look at the orders pretty close, just to make sure what was ordered is correct & what I send is correct.
Like to say it works 100% of the time, but can say it works most of the time.

I think your concern is very valid and have been working on making things clearer.

Have actually tried to get 5 web people to work on my website.
Want to make it much clearer & easier to use etc.
Beginning to think they are a bunch of prima-donas...
Not ONE has followed through & actually done anything on it.
That is a 100% failure rate.
Pretty dismal showing for their craft.
What is really wild is most of them approached me!
Then they fail to follow through.
:o| :o| :o|

I should eventually find someone that WILL ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH. Maybe, possibly... lol :Rockon:

They can't all be this way...

Back