• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GGB Exhaust trail can for stock sidewinder.

docboy82

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX LE 153
On their webpage they say that no tune is necessary on a stock winder if you install the GGB trail can. Today I talked to a Yamaha reseller and he said that mounting the muffler can make the engine run lean and can damage the engine.

"Reason for changing muffler is to loose the right side weight on the sled"

I emailed GGB and got this answer:

Good morning!
This can is tested and designed for your machine. If you are running stock sled no modifications are required.
Thanks for the inquiry and interest in GGB,

Jo****

Customer Service
GGB Exhaust Technologies Inc.
T: 705-382-5275 | www.ggb.ca
146 Yonge St. PO Box 484, Burk's Falls, ON. P0A1C0
GGB Exhaust

I don´t know who to believe!!
Does anyone run the GGB trail muffler on a stock sled and if yes, how does it run?

Translating between the ggb statement and reality. If you can add their can without modifications it is doing nothing for performance and only increasing noise. Yes it may be dropping weight as well but why add noise without performance. Is it worth the risk. Better to spend the money on an sm tune.

Loose weight and get better access to the chaintensioner is two good reasons to go ggb i would say!

Go with the Hurricane mountain light exhaust. Proven for sure no tune needed and they claim a 16 hp gain and a 10 lb loss

No. Not my question.
One more time...
Does anyone run the GGB trail muffler on a stock sled and if yes, how does it run?

No. Not my question.
One more time...
Hey docboy82, I ran GGb trail muffler on my 2017 sidewinder btx for a couple of years. Had no issues tell last season. Did a trail precision tune on my sled which i had for a couple of years now, but last season I started over boosting and it got louder so I dont know if something let go inside but I had to put stock exhaust back on to stop over boosting!

Thx for your answer. What exactly do you mean with overboosting?

So you didnt run stock with the muffler?

Thx for your answer. What exactly do you mean with overboosting?

So you didnt run stock with the muffler?
Yeah I did run stock for 1.5 season with GGB exhaust, and it worked good no issues. Then I got a PRECISION EFI STAGE 1 - 230 HP tune. Had primary clutching issues, finally got smart and put on a CVTECH PB80 clutch and everything was awesome, last season when the sled was pulling great, the engine would kick out on hard acceleration. wasn't hitting rev limiter, all i could figure is that it was overboosting.

Back