• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YeaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. First ride on the Vector....

MadMax

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just got back from my first ride on the Vector... How cooooooooooooooooooooool.. I don't even know where to start. We have 8" of super nice semi heavy "NOT" powder snow. All my comparisons will be to my 01 faithfull 700 V-max.

1.Head light is perfect right where it's at.
2. Ditto for my new mirrors.
3. Ride is better than my V-max. More cushy..
4. The way it tracks is so straight,must be the new doolys.
5. It feels very light. Even more so than the Max.
6. It is soooooooooooooooo "QUIET". Can't believe it.. I thought my max was quiet.. Rip-saw track is grrrrrrrrrrreat.
7. Engine response is quick compared to the max..And it's still tight.
8. Head light dimmer switch is "NOT" as handy!!!
9. All other switches are better placed.
10. Engine vibrations "OR LACK" of it is more at 5,000 rpms. Now up until tonight my max was the smoothest sled I've been on.. Disclaimer. I did take a very short and slow ride on a RX once.. It idled smoother than my max.
11. MAJOR dislike......................It won't go in my shed without getting hung up on the wear bars.. Can you say sit there and spin. Must be those dooly's.
12. All in all I'm extremely happy with the new 4-stroker.. My wife is very happy she kept my 700 so she now has a long legged cruiser.

;)! :4STroke: MM.

Are ya talkin' about the kind you mount on trailers? I need to figure something out. Because this sucks now.. I backed it in tonight. Not that much room with the Max sitting next to her. Then I need to figure out how to attach them to the cement. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. MM. :ORC

MM

On # 10? vibration is worst at 5K, or it vibrates until you hit 5K???

Mine was a b!tch to get in the garage. I dont have duelies but the bergstrom tripples. Finally put the skis on dollies otherwise I'd still be fighting with that thing.

Thanks for the post bro!!!

At 5,000 rpms it vibrates more than my max does.. Simply put my max is at its smoothest at 5,000. Above the vector is like silk. Like I said the max was verrrrrrrrrrrrry smooth. This vector is so different at idle and so smooth everywhere except a slight tingle at 5,000. And again the max I grew to love because it was always smoother than anything else I have ridden. Ya talk about quiet,man this thing "IS" quiet.. It really tracks straight, and the rip-saw is awsome. MM.

Silver_Ghost said:
How 'bout laying down a couple sheets of plywood...

Do ya think it would glide on the wood better????. I really need to do something beause I take it in and out of that shed all winter. #$%&* MM.

my yamahut is 8ft by 18ft long, wood floor, doors both ends. pick up a junk bed liner and cut strips app. 8 in wide for skis, screw to floor. sled slides easy, saves carbides, saves floor, plus you have lots of strips left for ramps etc. ;)!

Thanks for the tip.. What sucks is we gave a bedliner to a buddy this spring for his truck. :o| MM.

MM a lot of the bikes Ive had vibrate some and then really smooth out at 100o-2000-MI. This is esentially 3/4 of the fjr 1300 sport touring bike. It has 2 balance shafts but I think we only got one

The guys that got last winters demo rides said it was prolly the smoothest they have ridden

I've got 6" doolys on my Rage and am having the same shed problem. I'm looking at some ski boots to slip on for in and out of the shed. I have sliding doors on the shed and the bottom stop is a 2" x 4" that has to stay.

No snow yet, but I know the ride will be as good as the specs say it will be.javascript:emoticon(';)!')

Tork said:
MM a lot of the bikes Ive had vibrate some and then really smooth out at 100o-2000-MI. This is esentially 3/4 of the fjr 1300 sport touring bike. It has 2 balance shafts but I think we only got one

The guys that got last winters demo rides said it was prolly the smoothest they have ridden

Tork, The vibration is sooooooooooooooooooooooo minor at 5,000 I barely notice it.. The only reason I did was I was looking for any vibes. I've owned sport bikes for years and years. Everyone has a vibe zone and a sweet spot. My Max has a sweet spot at 5,000 and the vector has it higher. Both sleds are extremely smooth. Once on a trip my buddy on an arctic cat twin wanted to trade for a few minutes.. You talk about vibration. "WOW" that kitty was bad.. NO sweet spot. He was shocked at how smooth the max was. MM. ;)!

MadMax said:
Tork said:

Tork, The vibration is sooooooooooooooooooooooo minor at 5,000 I barely notice it.. The only reason I did was I was looking for any vibes. I've owned sport bikes for years and years. Everyone has a vibe zone and a sweet spot. My Max has a sweet spot at 5,000 and the vector has it higher. Both sleds are extremely smooth. Once on a trip my buddy on an arctic cat twin wanted to trade for a few minutes.. You talk about vibration. "WOW" that kitty was bad.. NO sweet spot. He was shocked at how smooth the max was. MM. ;)!

I have been riding Harley Davidson Softails for many years. Personally, I am immune to vibration as well as driveline noises.

MadMax said:
Once on a trip my buddy on an arctic cat twin wanted to trade for a few minutes.. You talk about vibration. "WOW" that kitty was bad.. NO sweet spot. He was shocked at how smooth the max was. MM. ;)!

The most shocking thing about every cat I have ridden is that they feel as though half a dozen of the bearings in there somewhere are made of gravel. :cry: And yeah I always thought the 3cyl 2 strokes were pretty sweet.

MadMax,

The tip on an old truck box liner is a real good one. But if you cannot locate one, the UHMW that I had mentioned is the type of dense plastic that they use to line the front of rink boards at Hockey Arenas. Try your local arena, and find out if they have any old ones handging around or at least get the name of a supplier. They come in sheets of about 1/4" thick, and you just cut them up in strips of the width you need for your skis.

Back