• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yes, it can be done!

20140624_194245_resized.jpg
20140624_194133_resized.jpg
20140624_194152_resized.jpg
20140624_194226_resized.jpg
20140624_194234_resized.jpg
Northernsledder - Here are a few pics I took last night.....

What I did was take the rod out from behind the inner (center) wheels and turned the shaft down to .625" which allowed me to use (4) Wahl Brothers wheels and spacers. I then measured for 2 more holes inbetween the Wahl Brothers wheels and the rear barrel wheel and put 2 more Wahl brothers wheels. The rear float is out and I replaced it with an adjustable rod. To fit the 136 track with the 141 suspension rails I had to drill another hole in the tunnel 2 1/2 inches forward of the existing mounting holes. The rails have a 1/4 inch of clearance easy and are right inside the rails....worked out perfect! I also had to add 2 more Wahl Brothers wheels to the front bend in the rails on the inside as the track drive lugs were hitting the large bottom shaft of the center shock. Only other addition were 2 wheels (custom made aluminum by me but can use any kind of wheel) with a shaft added inside the tunnel to carry the track and keep it from rubbing the rear float shock mount and the front torque arm bars. The 2 stock wheels that carry the 15 inch wide track I did not take off....they are just dangling. A lot of guys could still use them and wouldn't have to add the extra wheels in the tunnel, but I had to because of the asphalt track is only 10.5 inches wide.

Northernsledder - Here are a few pics I took last night.....
Nice work! It sounds like you're getting 'er dialed in!
Thanks for taking time to post the pics. Be careful on the track!

Yeah, I'm banging the rev limiter so much that the sled almost lost mph at the end compared to the 1000 ft. mph.

I fought shifting issues with the truck. I have run 11.7's at 116 mph and with more power similar ET at 124 mph. The math works for the 115 mph range and of course the ET should be way better with the bigger tune. I have the shifting sorted out I believe, BUT the 11.5 roll bar rule so why bother? I've actually received good vibes from Rock Falls that they wouldn't blow a gasket if I ran faster once or twice but I did not have my ducks in a row at the time.

We could line them up some time, but I don't think you'd like a 8,000# missile cruising past through the traps...

I wouldn't mind TD, I race against the cars all the time (And trucks).

LOL

Back