• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yet another Tunnel Protector question

RoicIND

Expert
So.....

I went through all of the old topics and stil haven't received an answer to this one..

Do you need a protector for the front heat exchanger? (1" lug, 1.075" studs)

I have some 1" square Aluminum tube that i was going to rivet in for the straight pieces, but was curious to see if i needed to bend up a few pieces for the front heat exchanger???

i dont think so. i just put a inch 1 3/4 track with studs on mine and they are sill over an inch away. the track is never going to strech enough to reach the front exchanger IMO. the only way the protectors would get hit would be if u had a 3 sided rip out, and at that point protectors arent goin to do anything anyway.

Rath Racing make the Yamaha tunnel prot. you might want to check with them as to cost. I've seen some major damage from running without prot. on other sleds

terret725 said:
um isnt rath racing 4 wheeler racing products? ive never heard of them making anything for a sled?

I thought same.It awesome he is getting into sled stuff.He makes darn nice ATV products.

You dont need them in the front theres about 3in clearance I have an 07 with 1in track and 1.250 stud no problem in front but you neen them in the tunnel and in back for when the susp. compresses the studs will hit. they did on mine.

we've been using rath for our quad race team at work. a arms, bumpers, etc.. rear bumpers havent realy been holding up to racing tho weve had every one welded about 4 times lol.

Just go to yamaha they cost a little but well worth it.There's no messen around easy to install. And a direct fit.

I have an 07 Phazer FX and the guy I got it from did the back with a few 4 to 5 inch pieces of use slides. I want to install protection for the whole tunnel, but it seems I cant find them on Yamaha.com. Any links or help would be great. Thanks

Your local Yamaha dealer will carrie them don't leave without a 10 to 15% discount on all parts and acc. most dealers will work with you . :letsnow:

Yeah I will call Sette's in Owatonna tomorrow if I get some time... Thanks (they are the best to work with in my area so far)

Back