• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zr skid install in 05 rx1.. HELP!!

Unfortunatly, thats how I ended up with my zr skid. My zr800 cross country blew a lower rod bearing in the first and only ride out so far, and holed the cases.. My other sled was a 2005 polaris fusion 900, and that had its own share of problems, so i traded it for the 2005 rx1 that I correny have, in hopes for better reliability, even at the cost of much lower performance.The. R is being parted out.. : (

Does anybody know if the mounting holes in the 03' 04' rx1 tunnels with the proaction skid are in the same location as the holes in an 05' rx1 with a monoshock skid? The front 2 holes in particular, as the template I found here shows the front hole measurement 6 3/4" forward from the existing Yamaha hole, on what I'm assuming is a proaction chassis, and 6 3/4' down from the top of the tunnel.. Should that measurement be from the top of the tunnel, or the tunnel protectors?

I put an 06 Apex Mono in an 03 RX-1 that had Pro-action. The Mono doesn't use the front mounting holes from the Pro-action, the middle holes from the Pro-Action have to be re-drilled for the front of the Mono (but if you install the Mono brackets they line up with existing rivet holes so no measuring is needed). The rear holes are good for both.

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 142
YammyRX1 said:
I put an 06 Apex Mono in an 03 RX-1 that had Pro-action. The Mono doesn't use the front mounting holes from the Pro-action, the middle holes from the Pro-Action have to be re-drilled for the front of the Mono (but if you install the Mono brackets they line up with existing rivet holes so no measuring is needed). The rear holes are good for both.
That is extremely helpful!! The pic of the mono mount is what I have, and I believe that the ac skid front mount hole will end up within that mounting plate, and I will just need to drill it in the correct location. The rear plate will probably need to be removed, and relocated a little bit, but I would like to make it so I can have mounting holes for the ac skid, and the mono skid, that way I could swap back if wanted/ needed.. Thank you for the info Yammyrx1!!

It's fairly easy to do.
I also just bought new Yamaha brackets for the front mounts.
I had to grind about 1/16" off of each end of the front mount to get a nice tight fit in the tunnel.
Back brackets can be just about any aluminum or steel 1/8"-1/4" stock.
As I remember my front mount position was around 6 3/4" down from the top of the tunnel.
Best thing to do is just measure the donor sled.
My rails came with the extra brace in place as it's a 136.
No bent rails here.
Those cat skids can take a beating. ;)!

Boy I know it's been a long time since you posted this but I have an 07 Apex and I'm going to put a 2018 thundercat skid in it. Would any of your dimensions work I'm like so far away from an Arctic cat dealer to get numbers.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Back