• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zx-2 pin locations

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
What are the majority of ZX-2 guys running for pin positions? state pins locations and riding style

2/5 some aggressive some cruising trails

1/4 - rough trail and off trail riding for the most, some lake and rivers with high speed riding past 210 kmh or 130 mph. This setting gives me enough transfer while still coupling enough to keep the skis on the ground when turning under light throttle. WOT and skid goes up 4" to 1ft depending on speed and hookup, I need to be able to throttle the front end over the moguls and when off trail in the loose stuff. I never got stuck even once last year, I really try not to LOL

I ended up using the 2&5 pin positions last year with my Vector.

I didn't really notice a harsher ride, maybe a little in the small bumps, but I felt it kept the skis planted down more and not as tippy, which I felt was needed.

I use 1/4 with preload on 3. Keeps the skis down for groomed trail riding and ditchbanging but if you get in the bottomless fluff will stick the skis straight up in the air so you can catwalk it. Its fun :)

I might try 2/5 tomorrow and try 1/4 later in the day. I am trying to get rid of too much transfer in tight trails so 1/4 might not work for that--maybe better for big trails?

1/4 gets me 4" or so of lift at take off and with the GYTRs compression clicker on 12 of 12 adjustments and my 13mm sway it rails the tight twisties of WI, I can keep up or beat any sled in the woods.

Back